Carry on baggage Panama

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by miller special, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Has anyone returned from Panama with fly reels that can be in your carry on baggage or do I need to have them in checked bags? I couldn't bring them home from Costa Rica in carry on. Thanks

2. Sorry, I have nothing to contribute here, but I would like to know what the reason was for not being able to bring your fly reels in a carry on? Weird? Unless the customs agent who told you it was a no go was a fly fisher himself and saw fit to snatch your stuff...

3. Paranoid as it seems-it is the line that they are worried about.tie up people etc. If you removed the line I think you would never have this problem

4. Sorry...if you want no problems, pack it in your checked baggage, but you will not be compensated if it is stolen. The carry-on thing is a crap shoot, but I often risk it....good luck...make sure the gear is in a bag you can check if you get unlucky!

5. Came back from Belize with reels, rods, flies in my carry on with no issues

6. where's your trip report ?

7. Flew United back from Panama City, Had to check both rods and reels. Retrieved them from checked baggage after clearing customs in Houston and had no problems with connecting flight to Denver. Hate putting high end reels in checked bags though.