Cassidy

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by TD, Apr 7, 2012.

1. TD

TD Active Member

Ducked out of work early yesterday with intentions of heading to Pass Lake. At the last moment I turned and went North up Hwy 9 instead of South and went to Cassidy since it is so close to home. There were 2 guys pulling their pontoons out when I was putting in. It didn't sound like they too well and looked fairly cold. I rowed a bugger pattern around for a while with no luck. It was raining off and on and the wind was more than a breeze and made it feel very cold. Air temp was 42 F. I don't know the water temp. Later in the evening the clouds broke, the sun came out, and the wind stopped. The lake turned completely flat. I started to warm up and replaced my wool stocking with a ball cap and removed my gloves. The fish must have been warming up too because for the next hour I managed to catch 5 or 6 rainbows in the 14" - 16" range. I had anchored a bit off the brush on the bank and enjoyed a some dry fly action for about 30 minutes. Then the sun went behind some clouds as it set behind the trees and the wind came back up. I went another 30 minutes or so without a bump and decided to call it quits.

2. CascadeDave

CascadeDave New Member

I bet I was one of those two guys. We fished three hours without a bump. It rained most of the time and some of the rain was the mostly frozen solid variety. The weather sure was nice once I got home though. Nice to hear that there are some fish in Cassidy, I'll have to try it again.