Cast and Blast 2013

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jordan Simpson, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Just sending out a heads-up for those of you interested in attending this. I thought I'd post it now so you could book the days off if you need to.
    FREE!
    *you just need to find accommodation (can be found onsite).

https://www.facebook.com/events/280350358735338/?ref=22

Lots of good workshops from tying to casting to photography.

Cast & Blast is set to go for April 5, 6 and 7th at Sunwolf in Squamish BC. For those that attended last years Cast & Blast event I trust you had a good time and am confident that you will be pleased to see what we have in store for you this year. Stay tuned for more info but in the meantime I can offer this sneak peak toward this years' event presented by Sunwolf, Pieroway and Whistler Flyfishing:

A FREE event, Cast & Blast features 3 full days and 2 nights of entertainment,education and fellowship

on site accommodation at Sunwolf and delicious food at Fergies(voted Squamish's best breakfast)
    -cabins
    -camping
    -RV parking

Presentations and Workshops(this list will grow as other presenters are finalized)

Rod Building
    -Geoff Pieroway
    -James Reid

Flytying
    -Stu Foxall
    -Tom McHugh
    -Mike Orlowski
    -Scoot Mason
    -Adrienne Comeau

Casting
    -Tim Arsenault & Aaron Goodis
    -Brian Niska
    -Francois Blanchet

Photography
    -Aaron Goodis

Science and Stewardship
    -Bob Hooton
    -Brian Morrison
    -Scott Baker McGarva

Entertainment,Education and Contests
    -Slide Shows
    -Music
    -Film Festival
    -Ironfly Tying contest
    -Fly Mini Golf Tournament
    -Casting contest
    -Beginner lessons
    -Pieroway rod demos
    ........and DRAW PRIZES

also enjoy art by Dave Currie and bring some cash for the silent auction to benefit the Steelhead Society of BC

yes this is a family friendly party though some folks will enjoy respectful late night fire pit socializing

I'm not sure if I'll be going or not, but yeah, if you're around or have time off it might be cool to check out.

Jordan.