Casting!

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by James Waggoner, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Gordon I had offered Mark my copy of Fine and Far Off but he did not take me up on the offer.......pity!

2. Hi Gordon,

Cool... No, I don't know how long the silk line runs... could you tell us? and how they make those short line and how they cast it?

Yes, I heard about Alexandar Grant and I read some text about his cast. So he use the same casting principle like Goran Andersson? If so, I would love to see your interpretation.

In addition, to answer your previous post, Yes, I know what article you are talking about, it has been around for several years on the internet.. see link and attach file (just in case people are interested to read it)
    http://www.bcfff.bc.ca/info/TheSpeyCastWelshThrow.pdf

The books you mentioned before is open access online now... It's free. links below. Anyone (if interested) can read it and discuss where is the underhand casting originate from.... and just remind you, I haven't see anything like Goran's UNDERHAND TECHNIQE mentioned elsewhere... if you see it would you please indicate it to us?

Thanks,

BTW, just remind you this technique again:

Göran's underhand technique is not just use underhand (bottom hand) to power a two handed rod. The very important idea lie on the following casting move after the initial lift which is reposition the rod to a new casting center close to caster's body. As I mentioned before, the most important message he want to carry has been lost. The new center of casting. (If you are not familiar with it, I will draw a diagram to help you, just let me know)

Mark

The book of the salmon: http://books.google.com/ebooks?id=_YEXAAAAYAAJ
    A book on angling
    http://books.google.com/books?id=WVRDAAAAIAAJ&source=gbs_slider_user_shelves_7_homepage

3. Hi Mark,
    Still no answer to my Question ?????????? , well here's another one. i do believe Goran is a great caster and a real gentleman like all the masters, yourself included.
    Because you will not answer the question i asked, i will try another....... prove to me that Göran's underhand technique is new ? after all it was you who stated it, as Alexander Grant said............ PROVE IT. ............................................ and why have you dropped this bit if it is so important, after all there is only two parts to your arguement, or is it now only one. mmmmmm

First, Göran cut the line to a extreme short length standard, this isn't happen before his era and this type of line isn't commercial available before him. In other words, it short line approach only been recognized by the Pubic after him.

I will carry on for a little while longer Mark, cause for a little while ...its fun.
    Please answer my Questions.
    Thanks Gordon.
    DTX Pro Staff

www.mackenzieflyfishing.com

4. Hi Gordon,

No, I did not drop the other one. Still two arguments. 1) extreme short line 2) center of casting position.

I am confused what you want me to answer? care to point it out again?
    You probably missed my point... inventions and innoventions are only be assessable when it been published to the public... It can go through, media, oral transmission, or general people's consensus... When it comes to a debating about the origin. We should use those rules to figure who deserve the credit and what is the history. without evidence, it's very hard to say if he really did it? let long to use this "someone might did it" to take the credit away from Goran Andersson. In law, we don't verdit a crime without solid evidence right? even the suspect is "very likely"...
    as far as I know, this is a educational board. if you will... try to educate us about who has done it and how it's been done. Then we can open up the discussion to compare the techniques side by side and give the credit to whom he deserve it. Otherwise, I remind my point of view, Goran Andersson inverted and originated the Underhand Technique.

Mark

5. William,

I am confused... do I talk about underhand casting in general? PLease see my post #78
    All I am saying is focused on Goran's UNDERHAND TECHNIQUE. so please don't mud the water by bringing in the "underhand casting in general"
    . I am not interested in that, If you like, you can check out the original thread... "Nothing new concept" was trying knock down every aspect of spey casting technique. This is I am focusing on.

As I said, Goran's underhand technique has several components, extreme short line, responsive blank and reposition the casting center.ALL come together to make it work... I think you agree with that, then it get popularized, so please don't argue with me by talking about piece of this and piece of that information...

BTW, we are in different channels to talk about the "little pull down", this is irrelevant to our discussion, so no response from me on this one. Don't get carry over, William... focus on the subject please.

Mark

6. Gordon , I hate to de-rail a good pissing match , but reading your posts reminded me of a technique I heard you explain in Chilliwack a few years ago . I believe you called it the "bump" , and you said , if I remember correctly , that it was done during the lift . Sound familiar ? If so , could you please explain the technique again ?

7. Hello my friends,
    Brian, i will explain to you i promise, but there is nothing on TV and i am quite enjoying the pissin match, ok Yuhina part one... you say

First, Göran cut the line to a extreme short length standard, this isn't happen before his era and this type of line isn't commercial available before him. In other words, it short line approach only been recognized by the Pubic after him.
    I say Bollocks, silk lines were made really really short and in fact people like Alexander Grant had to splice two of the longer ones to get a half decent cast, which was even then not far, and this is documented in many history books, if you did some research you know this to be FACT.

Second
    you say
    Göran's underhand technique is not just use underhand (bottom hand) to power a two handed rod. The very important idea lie on the following casting move after the initial lift which is reposition the rod to a new casting center close to caster's body. As I mentioned before, the most important message he want to carry has been lost. The new center of casting.

I say bollocks, because after the initial lift he repositions the rod to a new casting centre closer to his body, i can tell you that hand position rod position have all been tried before.
    How many Speycasting Insructors have you watched in person Yuhina ?
    Cheers Gordon.
    DTX Pro Staff

www.mackenzieflyfishing.com

8. Hi Gordon,

You still miss the point...

let me put this straight forward...

People invented engine, invented glider wing... and one day someone say, hey... let's put them together so it can fly longer and become navigable... it's call airplane!

Guess what? you said, no no no.... engine has been invented, glider has been invented... so airplane can't be invented... Funny Huh... but this is your logic... harsh, but true.

Mark

9. .....poop.......

10. Hi Yuhina,

Just to make sure, lets do this one stage at a time, where did you read this or is it just your opinion ?

What you are saying is that before Goran cut a line to an extreme short length , this type of line was not commercial available, and a short line approach to speycasting was not recognized by the public before him.

How many Speycasting Insructors have you watched in person Yuhina ?
    Surely your knowledge is based on watching and learning, every day is a learning day.... so you never answer my question on if you have ever fished the Spey, Tay Tweed and Don to learn from the different Speycasters.
    Gordon...... getting a bit bored ................. but not yet............ yuhina answer my questions.
    DTX Pro Staff

11. Golfman
    There is nothing on the telly, and it will end soon....., cause all the soap opera shit my wife watches are finished.

Brian, PM sent.

Cheers Gordon.
    DTX Pro Staff

12. Now that's really funny Gordon,

You are the ONE to accuse and discredit Goran Andersson about HIS Underhand Technique.
    and now you want me to prove it? Prove what? That's really funny.

I thought you are the one need to have evidence about someone before him has done HIS Underhand Technique??

Please keep in mind, you need to find some evidence for us about why he is not the inventor about HIS Underhand Technique... Got it?

Now, things are getting interesting... ha...

Mark

13. Hi Gordon,

check out the video around 9:00...

"you pretty much invented the underhand..." this is your attitude right?! and Goran is too gentle to response..."what you mean pretty much?!"

Before you descredit someone, try to study their style first... :thumb:
    BTW, I guess you have seen this video and you are one of the two "dislike"
    Mark

14. Hi Mark,
    I fear you are losing your mind, i never said I invented Underhand, but its a nice video from a great Instructor.

NOW YOU ARE STARTING TO MAKE THING UP.........

I will try again, can you answer the questions i have asked you, you ask me to study when you really know nothing, thats nearly as good as the Skagit Joke earlier.
    I am heading out for a while, but will look for the answers when i get back, i will look for a Speycasting eduction from the Legend.

Cheers Gordon.
    DTX Pro Staff

15. Pardon me. Gordon,

Where you see I said you invented Underhand? You are too young for that right?
    I only said, Underhand Technique is different thing than Underhand casting in general...

And you MISTAKEN them together and accuse Goran Andersson did not deserve the credit. Got it?

You might need to go to bed, totally understood here... we can discuss this again tomorrow...

Cheers,

Mark

16. Mark,
    Answer my questions, i see you have been back on speypages trying to be a smart arse, i won't bother going on there to correct you again, i will let you and your buddy be the legends you so want to be.
    Cheers Gordon.
    DTX Pro Staff.

17. Having some fun Gordon...

chill out or stop discredit Goran...
    seriously, I don't really know what is the point you want "answers" from me. You are doing a very dangerous thing that accuse someone without solid evidence. Have you ever think about Goran is reading this thread? or the thread in speypages? have you ever imagine the people get a bad name because someone shoot them from the back? have you think about the DTX company you representing are suffering from your random talk accusing someone don't deserve the credit?

If you want to go on, we can... for entertaining's sake...

Keep in mind, Goran Andersson is the inventor of his very own Underhand Technique... and if you can't explain WHY it is NOT... I sincerely encourage you to stop discredit him in public. You are too young for that.

Mark

18. Speyghillie,

Your tolerance is so much more than mine. I applaud you. You see, I don't know if I agree or disagree with anything Yuhina writes. I mentioned this in a casting thread a couple months ago. I assumed I don't understand Yuhina because English must be a second or maybe third language for him. For reference sake, my English is that of a plain old west coast American white male, and I can't make out a damn thing Yuhina writes. From my perspective Yuhina writes like shit, but maybe he understands what he mean. I sure don't. Even if he and I totally agreed on something simple, if we posted about it on the internet I'm confident that it would appear as though we were discussing different subjects. My hunch is that the two of you only think you're discussing the same subject. Therefore I wish you the very best of luck in sorting it out.

Sg