Cat hair, Dog Hair, Pet Hair, whatever Hair Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Daryle Holmstrom, Apr 8, 2008.

1. I like the idea, up to 12 tiers, picture of the pet and or spouse or relative would be good.

Due date: May 15th

Any takers

2. SO DO WE WANT ACTUAL FLIES OR JUST MATERIAL?? I AM 'BOUT OUTTA HOOKS SO I NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN GET SOME MORE.

I WOULD BE GOOD FOR JUST MATERIAL. LUNCH BAGGIE SIZE OF CAT, DOG, SPOUSE, CHINCHILLA, WHATEVER FUR...

YOU GUYS WILL LOVE THE IZZY HAIR I AM TELLIN YA. BEST HARES EAR MATERIAL BY FAR!

3. I will enter a sculpin pattern if this swap gets enough people.

4. I'll narrow it down to 8-10 tiers for a fly of your choice, my Son and Daughter-in-law have 3 cats and my neighbor has a big old Chesapeake Bay Retriever, so I'm looking at a variety of four types (colors) of dubbing.

Daryle

5. I would be in to this one. My cat has some grey and white furt that I was eyeing the other day before I noticed this thread. I don't know what I'll tie, but I'll think something up!

6. I got a Pom, and a bunch of cats. Gray, white, black kinda mixed grizzly cree type fur for the cats. The dog needs a haircut anyway. Now what to do with the cats, cross cut or zonker strips?

7. Always the cat would yell the most with crosscut.;)

8. So far:

tythetier Done and in
    Northwest Patriot Done and in
    Dinker In the Post
    hedburner Done and in
    myself Done and in
    Nagasaurus Done and in

looks like we got six so lets tie a dozen so everyone gets a dozen, instead of one tie two.

Daryle

pm me for the address

9. I'm in for this one with a Black Cat Flymph.

[​IMG]

10. Flies in production

11. Update

So far:

tythetier
    Northwest Patriot
    Dinker
    hedburner
    myself
    Nagasaurus

looks like we got six so lets tie a dozen so everyone gets a dozen, instead of one tie two.

Daryle

pm me for the address

12. WHAT ARE WE LOOKING AT FOR A DATE?? I HAVE NOT EVEN LOOKED AT MY TYING STUFF FOR MONTHS.... I AM GOING TO SPORTSMANS AFTER WORK TONIGHT TO GET SOME HOOKS FOR THIS. GONNA SHOOT FOR MY IZZY NYMPH. IT IS MY VERSION OF A HAIRS EAR WITH IZZY HAIR. IF YOU DID MY BLIND MAN NYMPH SWAP, YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE ALREADY, BUT FROM WHAT I HEAR IT IS A GOOD FLY.

TY

13. lol. This is hilarious. One of my buddies tied up some flies from hair from his Cocker Spaniel. Maybe I'll tell him about this..

14. May 15th

Daryle

15. HOWS THE TYING GOING GUYS?? I AM 'BOUT HALF WAY DONE. I NEED TO FINISH TYING THE SECOND ROUND AND I WILL BE DONE.

16. Flies in the mail this morning.

17. I've been laggin'! I'm having a hard time deciding what pet, and what fly...but I have some ideas! I am going to start tying soon, I promise.

18. It would be great if you include photos of the pet source just for the fun part.

Daryle

19. I didn't send a picture of the pets, but I'll find one on the computer and send it later.

20. I've "harvested" some black dubbing from the cat, been through a few prototypes, and finally decided on a pattern.

[​IMG]

So I'll be cranking out the clones in the next couple of days and will get them in the mail early next week.