Cathedral Rock - Deception Pass loop

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by tbuss, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Has anyone ever hiked the Cathedral Rock - Deception Pass loop? If so is there any water up there worth fishing? A group of my friends are hiking it this weekend and I know nothing about this hike yet other than it has great views. Good views are fine, but if there are no fishing possibilities then why bother on hiking. I may try and talk them into the Waptus Lake trail instead. Any info would be great.

Tom

2. PM on the way.

3. I fished Sqaw Lake and Peggys pond a few years ago and had action on both. Never heard anything great about Hyas Lake. There's suppose to be some good size fish up above Tuck and Robin lakes in the Granite pothole lakes. All the Alpine lakes kick ass but the fish are gettin pretty wise this time of the year. Waptus is suppose to have alot of veriety. I fished Pete lake and Spectacle last week and had a blast.
    good luck and let me know how it goes, Jim

4. Thank you Jim and Chadk for your information. The group I am going with are not fisher people so they are not concerned with fishing, but I am so I may see about getting them to change to Tuck and Robin lakes (which one the group has already mentioned also). I don't care about sizes or really numbers of fish, just want to fish an alpine lake that has some fish in it. I have not fished a hike-in lake in a couple of years so it will be fun. Now if only my four-piece fly rod wasn't broken (can't afford to replace it right now unfortunately) I wouldn't have to lug my two-piece all of the way. I will post a report when I return.

5. PM sent