CDA on Wed/Thurs the 25th and 26th?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by IveofIone, Sep 18, 2013.

1. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

I have an appointment in Kellog, Id at 10:00AM on the 25th to have the transmission in my new van re-programmed. This should take less than an hour and instead of just driving home again I thought I would drive up the NFCDA and spend the night. I was wondering if anyone would be on the river that I could meet up with and show me around the area? I don't know this river as well as the St Joe and am not sure how far upriver I should fish.

I'm sure I can find fish on my own but it would be much nicer to have the company of someone more knowledgeable.

Ive

2. sizematters

sizematters New Member

I fished the NFCDA about two weeks ago at the tail end of a trip to the St Joe. The water level in the NFCDA was quite low. I had never fished the river before so I drove quite aways north in search of decent water. I passed two FS campgrounds that were closed and gated. The third campground - Big Hank - was open and there was one person in the cg. I was surprised, however, at the number of folks using the "informal" camprounds along the river just north of Big Hank.
    My fishing experience (I only remained there for an afternoon) wasn't too good. I found a decent hole and hooked two fish without landing one.