Cedar River 6/18 (PM) - Dry Flies

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jason Baker, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

Backyard........ That was Soooooooooo Wrong!

2. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Media:
    ha ha.......No dude......my girl is a blonde.....she'll enter the fray and hold up her own sign that says "You Guys Need to Get Drunk And Go Fishing" ...or "Go Fishing, Then Get Drunk" if this silly shit goes a full 15....but round 6 IS a dead ringer for one of her friends that was in Cabo with us last week (gf of one of my best fishing buds)!!!!

She was reading this over my shoulder when I opened it to show her Jason's report....she said "good lord, those guys need to lighten the F up! Jason had a fun day flyfishing and he's getting all this for it?" This is one of the reasons I haven't posted pics with a report, I would expect something like this to happen..........especially since every pic of me, my buds and our swimsuit-clad wives chasing fishies in Cabo last week had copious quantities of beer and tequila shots w/ lima in every photo.............

I posted the first reply to Jason's enthusiastic report and I was shocked at what happened in the aftermath. I have always thought the Old Man is friggin' hilarious so I think this one just got away from everyone......maybe the BVDs shrunk in the wash last night and were in too tight a bundle this morning................dunno..... :hmmm:

Damn boys I think we all need to get blottoed around a campfire, eat too many beans, have a farting contest and shake hands.....written words can be very dangerous, misconstrued, misunderstood......Mike D. is right.....

this site is awesome so this stuff is going to happen with passionate people who disagree at times eh? :confused: I'll just keep any weirdness I observe at Lincoln Park to myself in the future......... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Backyard, that one made me spit beer all over my screen.....your timing was perfect with that shot bud............

Jason, thanks for the report...... :thumb:

3. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Media:
    Home Page:
    OH MY GOD. This is what i find before going to bed, its gotta be one of the best threads i've seen. The girls get better every round, so does the comedy. ptyd :beer2: :thumb:

Peace

4. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    GAWWWD! I CAN FINALLY POST! i have been lmao since the 1st page! Jason's totally right and yard had me shootin little hersey's:) :):):)

bhudda

5. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Media:
    Home Page:
    Bhudda,
    You have ruined chocolate forever for me, and maybe thats a good thing.

Jason,
    Good stuff, stand up for what u know.

6. Big K1

Big K1 Large Member

Media:
    Backyard I just coughed up a lung! You just purchased an express ticket straight to hell. I will give you the window seat. :rofl:

7. wet line

wet line New Member

Something to think about. Last night I was out and about and at 9:30 I was looking at the moon in the blue grey evening sky. Then I changed my fly and started fishing again. Funny thing though, I didn't need any extra light to tie on the fly or even see my offering 45' from me sitting on the water!

You can check this out for yourself and rely upon your own observations!

Dave

8. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    What the hell is so bad about this that people seem to read what is not written there.. I looked at the photos and saw that there was nothing but black background, So I assumed that you were fishing at night,with head lamps and all so I stuck that little burb in there about the regs.You also mentioned that you couldn't see your flies anymore. Anybody with a little sense would of stopped before it got that dark..

But I was just pointing out that there is a night closure on that river and people that fish it should be aware of it. It shouldn't of been blown out of proportion.

Maybe I shouldn't of stuck that statement on there "I hope you don't get caught". But it wasn't that you were doing anything wrong. It was just a hint.

Jim

9. Jason Baker

Jason Baker Member

Media:
    Dave:

The latest pic you saw posted was taken at 9:25:37. You gotta love those digital cameras! Any pic taken in low light will look dark on a camera as it's film, not an optic. Second, a lot of things will affect the light situation on the water: moon intensity, angle of the setting sun, trees or cliffs around you, cloud cover, type of water fishing (lake vs. stream), ect. Third, the night closure has nothing to do with how light or dark it is, but rather the posted official sunset time. I attached this chart in the post for your review. As I write this my head is saying, "Why do I need to justify my post, again?"

I am really considering leaving Washington Fly Fishing. It's not a welcoming environment and is full for pundits, critics, and a lot of negative jealousy.

I don't mind if I receive criticism, but rather expect it in the political forum. When I post a report to provide information (as several members have requested info on the Cedar) that even includes pictures of actual bugs I saved for the purpose of education it is attacked, I really have to believe that there's better things to do with my time and energy.

This site offers me very little reward and quite a bit of frustration. I know at times I probably welcome it, but this post was not one of those times. When you start out with good intention and end up here, it's pretty eye opening.

So, Dectective Wetline; you got me. I will be out again tonight; lurking in the shadows. Your forensic investigation proved to be my downfall......

10. Mike McCluskey

Mike McCluskey Macker of the Clan Campbell

Communication is a funny thing. I read once that communication is 7% words, 23% tone, and 70% body language. So in a forum like this, we only get the 7%, and probably add the 93% in as we think the poster meant.

11. ZugBug

ZugBug Member

Media:
    Man this is too funny. Somebody pass me the Milk Duds!

12. ray helaers

ray helaers New Member

Call me a glutton for punishment (I've been called plenty else in this thread), but I have to answer that one.

Poor wittle Jason, the victim of so much "negative jealousy." That is pathetic! You actually think people are JEALOUS of you? For what, holding up a fish? Man you really do need to get over yourself.

There has been an awful lot of name calling in this thread, and every single bit of it had your name at the top of the post Jason. And why? because someone suggested you might have been edging into the night closure because you posted pictures of yourself fishing in the dark! OK fine, you know the regs and you weren't doing anything wrong, but jeez it's not the most out of line suggestion anyone could have made. When you corrected this outrage, here's what Jim said: "I wasn't judging. I was mearly pointing out the fact that a night closure was in effect. To me dark is dark." Then he took a little shot at you, because he's a cranky old man I guess, and off you went, defending your besmirched honor. Why not challenge him to a duel? You seem to have plenty of pals around here who might offer to be your second.

Then I made the mistake of trying to stick up for Jim a little and knock you off your high horse by poking fun at your skinny fish. Under that blazing attack, you obviously had no choice but to start in with calling me a bitter, hypocritical, childish drag.

If you really are concerned with the negativity, take a look in the mirror.

I feel pretty bad about this whole thing. I actually had a hard time getting to sleep last night. I thought I was a member of this community. I've tried to contribute, educate, entertain, and yes, inject a little concience and responsibility to the proceedings. I've never denied being a prig, but I thought I had earned something better than the treatment I've gotten in this thread. I'm inclined to go with Jim on this one: you guys can bite me.

I happen to belive that as people approach Jim's age, they do deserve a modicum of automatic slack, if not respect, if for no other reason than they've had to put up with dipwads for longer than the rest of us.

13. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    This is like a bad 'Rocky' movie - the guy keeps getting knocked down, but manages to pull himself up again and again just for more abuse. But in the movie, we all understand and sympathize with Rocky because we know he's a little dain bramaged... I'm not sure what excuse we can muster here... :confused:

"Yooo Adriannnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!"

14. Jason Baker

Jason Baker Member

Media:
    Chad:

Now that is funny! Brain damaged? Possibly? A least a little affected! Stubborn for sure!

Remember, in the end Rocky kicks everyone's ass, get the cool motorcycle, they build a statue for him, and he even gets the "bad" commies on his side. :D

Ray:

Respect is earned. Apparently you haven't quite done enough to warrant it?

P.S. I slept like a baby last night- 9 PM to 7 AM. You shouldn't be so affected by this site. You haven't even met most of these people..... :confused:

Triggs: Where are you? Lock this puppy up! I can't help myself. Please save me!

15. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    Jason - I wasn't thinking of you as Rocky. I was responding mainly to Ray's last post. But hey, we all play the role from time to time...

Eye of the tiger buddy, eye of the tiger :)

16. Jason Baker

Jason Baker Member

Media:
    Rising up, back on the street, took my time, took my chances......

I WANNA BE ROCKY DAMNIT! WHY DOES RAY GET TO BE ROCKY?

Nothin' is ova,

Jason

17. Mike McCluskey

Who gets to play Clubber Lang?

18. Mike McCluskey

And I think Jim or Ray should play Mick.....

19. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    "I PITTY THE FOOL!"

20. tyler

tyler Member

Media:
    against my better judgement, i'll chime in on this...

jason,

after viewing the pics and reading your report, how could anyone not think you were fishing at night? judging by the pics and what you wrote in the report – “deep pools are producing by nymph in the day and dry at night” – one can only deduct that you were fishing at night. c’mon, you said it yourself and your buddy is wearing a headlamp!

t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.