Cedar River 6/18 (PM) - Dry Flies

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jason Baker, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Tyler, you can legally fish for one hour AFTER official sunset. When you are in the trees and\or in a canyon type setting - things get pretty dark pretty fast...

FYI - careful what you 'deduct'...

2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb Guest

Hey Jason,
    Rocky doesn't really fit you, but you're kinda like Mike!

3. sjterry

sjterry Sr. Lurker

Pass me the press on nails, I'm jumpin' in.

Baker: Your dead on with regard to the regs. Score 1.
    Old Man: It looks darker than dark in the photos, the head lamps are on and he did say they couldn't see. At this time of year, with the phase of the moon where it is. . . Ding you had a good point. Score 1.
    Ray: Damn that is one skinny fish, and your track record is excellent. Score 2. But, really, It is the end of June. I and I doubt anyone else would stop fishing just because we landed a skinny fish. There are a lot of reasons fish can look like that. Spawning is just one. At this time of year in this area, I would not suspect spawning right off the top of my head. Moreover, the purpose of opening the Ceder should be taken into consideration. I have to give Baker a point for this one.

Score: Baker 2, Ray 2, Old man 2 (its an age and respect thing not math). Tie game, but the chairs flying in from ringside could have knocked everyone out. TKO -- The WWF members.

All that aside, please don't leave Jason or Ray bawling: (not really worried that the old man will leave since this is his home) your contributions are . . . enjoyed.

Thanks and have a nice day.

4. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

It's deduce!

5. tyler

tyler Member

chad,

i understand and agree absolutely. i was just trying to point out that after reading his report and viewing the pics, it's not too much of a stretch to think they were fishing at night. that was my first impression and obviously i wasn't alone.

further, jim was the first to bring it up and jason, rightly so, responded by ensuring us that he was in compliance with the regs. end of story.

anyway, this has been beaten to death. hope to see you at the cedar clean-up 'clave.

t

6. tyler

tyler Member

webster's says... deduct (verb from the latin deductus) 1: to take away (an amount) from a total: to subtract. 2: deduce, infer.

i think they both work in this context. but, to your point, deduce is better.

t

7. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Tyler, c'mon man, I'm funnin' ya...it's a joke...I'm not serious... :clown:

8. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

i've noticed that there is a lot of assuming on this site. somebody posts a picture in the gallery of a wild steelhead and lift it out of the water and people jump all over him/her, but not thinking that maybe it was a picture that was actually taken a couple of years ago when that was legal. they assume it was a recent photo, but as it turns out the person says it is an old photo. then there is this case where, yes the photos look like it is night and a head lamp is being worn, i have taken pictures when i could see just fine but because it was a dusk the background looked pitch black. for me personally i trust that people on this site, especially ones that seem compitant with flyfishing and there knowledge of it, know the rules and would know better then to post reports and pics that would be questioned on this site. in conclusion, if i have something to say regarding the legitimacy of someones post, instead of saying, you can't do that or that is illegal, i will merely tell them that i hope they weren't doing something illegal or send them a pm or maybe i'm just a wuss.

9. tyler

tyler Member

yeah, these threads get outta control and i'm partialy to blame here. but, i think i made my point without being critical, judgemental or laying blame.

sorry for perpetuating this silliness. i was a late-comer to the thread and i should've left it alone.

t

10. tyler

tyler Member

it's all good, roper. no worries. i've had too much coffee today.

t

11. jimmysworking

jimmysworking Well, at least I'm supposed to be...

Too bad, I was waiting for Round 1 of the Roper-Tyler Showdown.

12. ewhitaker75

ewhitaker75 Member

....just waitin' for the next ring card girl..... :confused:

13. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Round 15, fight over.........this is what this thread needs to put it to bed...............a COLD BEER and a screaming fly reel! No more hormonal hot flashes boys..........let's go catch some friggin' fish!!!!!
    :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:

14. Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice Senior Member

Mingo I dreamt about your avatar last night ! :eek: :eek:

15. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

16. troutaholic

troutaholic Member

Well if the fights over, I think Mingo's avatar took it over the round 6 girl in a split decision :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.