Cedar River Cleanup

Discussion in 'Events' started by Anil, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Anil

Anil Active Member

2. nomlasder

nomlasder Active Member

I just made arangements for 3 to 4 20cy dumpsters to be dropped and picked up. I will give dispatch some locks so the drivers will lock them when dropped. I will need to give a map of proposed drop spots to dispatch, so some feed back from frequent Cedar R. users would be helpfull in chosing locations.

3. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Bump to remind everyone of these worthy event

4. Anil

Anil Active Member

Patrick,
    Unless we get more interest very soon. Both Ross and I have pretty much given up on it happening this year!?!?
    Anil

5. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Man that sucks. :beathead: To bad because Amie and I were really looking forward to doing it again this year. Let me know if things change.

6. Shawn MD

Shawn MD a.k.a. Riverfisher99

Yes, please keep the post going, I haven't fished it yet but I would be interested in helping clean it up.

Shawn

7. Anil

Anil Active Member

I'll make the final call on Thursday.
    Anil

8. Jason Baker

Jason Baker Member

Wow! Eyes in the Woods training being cancelled, clean-ups with no interest?

With all the frustration I see on this site about poaching, garbage on streams, and poor fishing practices; you'd think taht these events would be FULL!

It's a lot easier to complain then do something....

Disappointing...........

9. Jason

Jason Trout Bum

If its on, I am 90% sure I will be there.

10. Anil

Anil Active Member

I'm sure those of you who are posting are genuinely intent on coming. But I’ve received next to no P.M.’s or phone calls. In order to plan this, we need some type of commitment. If you are coming, please sign up by replying to this post. If we get any kind of decent response, I’m game.
    Here’s your chance.
    Anil

11. Bun

Bun Reel Pure

Anil,

Thanks for coordinating this great event (for the second year in a row). It's a great cause.

Heads up...Reel Pure (along with Patagonia) will be supporting this event with Puget Sound Fly Co. We'll be providing raffle gifts (drybag gift packs) and any other support we can. Patagonia's picking up the grub and drink tab.

In order to make this a meaningful event we need people to step up and respond (in order to get an idea of food needs, dumpster needs, etc.).

If not, we may have to re-schedule for a weekend that drives more response???

12. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

As I stated before Amie and myself will be taken out as much trash as we can Sunday with or without the group. Sound like there will be at least 2 other joining us as well.
    But so that we can really make a diffrence it would be nice to have more come. Please sign up to let Anil know if you plan to come.

13. nomlasder

nomlasder Active Member

Wetline and I will be there. Too late to arrange dumsters, but I'll bring my Pick Up and I can dispose of it at work. I'll get some trash bags.

14. Shawn MD

Anyone that is going indefinately, please giva a time and place and I will be there. If there is not a meeting spot then I wil be going down sometime Sunday(morning) with as many bags as I can manage and just work the golf course to Cedar Grove area regardless.

Shawn

15. Anil

Anil Active Member

I was thinking about meeting at Carco Park. 9:00 a.m.
    Let's keep this going. We don't need a ton of people, just as possible.
    Puget Sound Fly Company will provide food for everyone, Brian Bennet from Patagonia will be buying the drinks and Eric Rathbun from Reel Pure will be helping with prizes.
    If you like to fish the river, maybe you can give something back?
    Anil

16. sss

sss New Member

Anil,

I've been off line for a while so I'm quite bummed to see this response. You can count me and my son in.

I too will have my truck and garbage bags and can haul full bags to my dumpster at work.

I'll see you Friday at the beach class. I'll bring some items from work for raffle prizes. If you have to cancel it, screw it and keep all the stuff for yourself :beer2: YOU TRIED......

Marc

17. Shawn MD

Sounds great. Please excuse my ignorance, but I am still kinda new to the area, and I can't find it on my streets and trips. Could you give me a basic Idea of where Carco Park is?

Thanks and I will be there.

Shawn

18. Jason

Jason Trout Bum

Its the southwest side of the 405-Maple Valley Highway junction. There is a ball field and a small water park there.

19. Shawn MD

oh ok, there is a lttle beach there. I know just the spot!

20. Banzai

Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

I'm rearranging my schedule to allow me to attend this function. Count me in, and I'll be bringing another body along with me (he has a pickup that I hope will run :)).