Celebrating getting healthy

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Nick Clayton, May 5, 2013.

1. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Media:
    This made my day Nick...thanks for sharing your story. Can't imagine how hard it would be at times, but if you ever have a bad day or failure, just start over. You may have to quit a few times to make it stick, big deal. Congrats and see you on the water!

Nick Clayton likes this.
  2. Rod Wittner

Rod Wittner Active Member

Media:
    Way to go, Nick. You answered the calling. Good on you for that, and it was way cool for your boy to let you know how he feels. More importantly, you did not ignore him, you took action. Great job of being a DAD. Congratulations to both of you. Awesome!

Nick Clayton likes this.
  3. Mike Ediger

Mike Ediger Active Member

Media:
    Everything about that report was terrific. Good for you Nick. Congrats!

Nick Clayton likes this.
  4. Daryle Holmstrom

Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Media:
    Way to go Nick, I quit 6 or 7 years ago, think Chris might have the day in the Archives, at first it was hard! I don't even think about it anymore, I did keep my favorite pipe just to smell how bad it was, Good Luck

Daryle

5. Greg Price

Greg Price Love da little fishies

Nick, Great Job. Being a daddy is the best and having a dad is even better. So glad the two of you can fish together smoke free.

6. John Read

John Read New Member

Nick,
    Congrats!!
    I quit 7 years ago and immediately saw two great benefits.
    My two passions are woodworking and flyfishing, not necessarily in that order.
    One day my wife walked into my shop and saw my new $1,000. band saw. Her comment was "Where did that come from?" My reply was "I quit smoking." She said okay and went back to the house.
    The other benefit has to do with flies and gear. The residue left on your hands from smoking will permeate every fly you tie and the surface of your line and other equipment.
    We all know the sensitivity fish have to smell, especially salmanoids. This is also true of some OTC and prescription drugs. Always wash your hands thoroughly before tying.

7. kamishak steve

kamishak steve Active Member

Media:
    Take the money you used to waste on cigarettes and take your son on a bad ass fishing trip, somewhere really cool and expensive. You both deserve it, he talked to you like a man about a difficult subject, & you did the right thing listening.

if you were a pack a day smoker, you will have saved nearly 2000 dollars on cigs alone this year. (that excludes any savings on insurance, other health related costs, etc. Do a trip to canada, or alaska or something really really out there. While you're there, remember that quitting smoking got you there. I quit 3 years ago and I'll never look back.