Charcoal table top bbq

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by bennysbuddy, May 27, 2014.

1. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I'm looking for a charcoal bbq for camping,therefore it must be forest service approved & portable. Any suggestions? a table top unit that's somewhat wind proof & equipped with a lid is really what I have in mind.

2. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Check out the Weber Go-Anywhere charcoal table top grille. It looks very similar to the crap grills that cost $19.95 but it's a Weber. Fifty bucks. It is well made and intelligently engineered. All the parts are replaceable, don't confuse it with the look-alike disposable grills that abound in your local big box stores.

They also make a gas model of the same grill which is outstanding also. I have one of each and will never wear either one out. Be sure and use the Weber chimney for starting your charcoal instead of an imitation. I tried the cheaper ones, they don't work as well and don't last as long.

The Go-Anywhere is pretty compact and travels well.

Ive

3. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

4. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I have the Weber Smokey Joe it is a nice little grill. Will work well cooking for one or two people. A little bulky for packing even though a small grill.

Edit: I didn't mean for back packing if anyone thought I did. The Smokey Joe is what it is and doesn't break down at all. Even stuffing it into the back of a truck with all the other camping crap it takes up considerable space.