"Charleston 9" PLEASE WATCH!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by David Prutsman, Jun 3, 2008.

1. David Prutsman All men are equal before fish

Woodland Park, Colorado
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    On June 18th 2007, almost one year ago, nine fire fighters entered a burning building in Charleston, South Carolina...That night, nine men lost their lives, never again to return home. Last week ESPN aired a story featuring one of the "Charleston 9", Luis Mulkey, fire fighter and high school basketball coach. In what has to be the most powerfully moving story I have ever seen, ESPN illustrates the character of those working in our communities every day. I write this to bring recognition to the thousands of men and women who, anonymously, live their lives dedicated to the service of others. They walk amongst us every day (on this very forum no doubt) without praise or recognition. Go ahead, take 15 minutes, watch the video, you will be moved!

David

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3421852
  2. Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Twin Bridges, MT
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    saw that yesterday morning, what an awesome story!
  3. salt dog card shark

Edmonds WA / Mazama
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I caught that yesterday too. It took me by suprise to see ESPN carrying such a serious piece amidst there normal programing. Good on 'em. Luis Mulkey, there's a man that impacted a lot of young lives for the good in the short time he was with us.
  4. Tim Garton Member

Marysville, upper left corner
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Thanks for posting that. I never heard the story.