Chasing birds Ellensburg area

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by ribka, Oct 11, 2007.

1. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +166 / 0
    I live in Umptanum area near Ellensburg. Moved here two years ago from the east coast. Enjoy bird hunting and saw quite a few Huns and Chukar by my house while muzzleload hunting last week. If anyone is interested in coming over and chasing birds or setting up a cast and blast on Yakima this Fall feel free to contact me.
    Tom
  2. E'burg fisher Member

Ellensburg
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I was up in the Umptanum today. Saw coyote, deer, deer hunters, and no birds. As the day went on I saw more and more blaze orange. Decided it was too crowded and headed out. I took all week off to goof off. Let me know if you would like to get out for a float or hunt. I have a young german shorthair that's really coming along.
  3. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +166 / 0
    Will be heading out starting next week. Most of birds were seen in Black and Lemon canyon area. And acroos the walking bridge on Yakima up in the canyons. Also planning on hunting Quilomene and Crab Creek for pheasant this year
    I have a vizsla. The wife spoiled him but he will still hunt if the weather is nice. Will contact you
    Tom
  4. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    I'd like to make it over that way.
    I used to go out with my daughter when she was going to Eastern.
    I have two Golden girls that can work it over pretty good.
    I'll PM you when I can find the time.
  5. Randy Sheaff New Member

Redmond, WA
    I know it's a bit late, but I'm looking for pheasants, not planted, but wild birds. I used to live here, now I live in Sweden and thought I'd be home by now. Business has keep me here longer. Me and my 2 German Shorthairs are heading over tomorrow to hunt somewhere for wild birds. Any ideas??

Randy Sheaff
  6. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    Dolph46,
    Sorry I missed your post on Friday. Hope ya got into some birds no matter.
    For wild birds I would head for the Pot holes area. lots of open ground.
    A friend of mine and I hit a spot off Dodson Rd. took one nice older rooster,(a nice tinder dog will be easier to chew) and saw many hens, quail, ducks, bucks, does and a few other hunters.
  7. KingRex New Member

Love harvesting birds. No catch and release with a shot gun. Go to the Columbia a lot but would love to be aquainted with new land closer to Seattle. Usually like to hunt on saturdays. Need the Sunday to recover form all the hiking. Chuckeeeerrrrrr.