WTB Cheaper Raft Trailer

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by orangeradish, Apr 4, 2012.

1. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +481 / 0
    So, I got a truck. Now I'm looking for a trailer for the raft that I'm about to buy. I don't want to spend a ton. The truck and boat kicked my ass already. I may go with the Harbor Freight trailer with the 12" wheels for now just to get out on the water. It's only $350, plus probably $100 worth of lumber to put a platform on it. When I can, I'd buy a nicer one and use the HF one as a utility trailer. But I figured I'd ask the WFF hive-brain if anyone has one they'd sell.

Thanks for looking.

Jason
    constructeur likes this.
  2. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +721 / 0
    This one is only $200 and it looks perfect comfortable to sleep in. Raft on top - Not creepy at all.
  3. veilside180sx Member

Hillsboro, OR
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Good find Jesse...that's hilarious
  4. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +481 / 0
    That'd be perfect. I've been wanting to learn to cook meth for a while now. That rig would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Will you take an offer on it, or is the price firm, Jesse?
  5. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,260 / 1
    Orad,
    You mentioned wanting to buy a raft when we talked on the OP last year.
    What boat are you going to get?
  6. John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Olympia
    Ratings: +179 / 1
    Jason,

Two things. 1: MS Metal works in Mollalla OR
    2: Call me you dickhead lol
    Grayone likes this.
  7. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    Don't rush. Get the right trailer the first time.
  8. mleigh New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I am looking for a raft trailer as well. Anyone else have any other suggestions for local builders? John - MS Metal Works looks like a nice outfit. I have also been looking at M&M out of Montana. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

There used to be an archived post with lots of good information... but i cant seem to find it anymore.
  9. OneMoreCast New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I got mine from M&M in Montana and have been very happy with it. I'm not sure what he charges now, but two years ago it ran me 1200 for a super beefy 6x10 bed, 13" wheels, spare, rollers, LED lights, winch, etc. The only kicker is that you have to drive to Montana to pick it up, which is a perfectly acceptable excuse to take a fishing trip in my book. My 13 ft raft works well on the setup. PM me if you'd like pictures or more info.

Joe
  10. k3's New Member

Butte, MT
    Another thumbs up fro M&M, picked on up from him a month ago. Trailer is set up very nicely and the best price I could find for something new. Call and talk to the guy, awesome info will give you all the details you need to know.
  11. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +704 / 1
    Jesse, you really need to see a doctor about this.
  12. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +310 / 1
    How handy are you? The reason I ask is that I now have two trailers in my back yard that aren't much good individually but parts from one could be put on the other to make a pretty good trailer. I have plans to saw them into scrap in the very near future but if you want to look at them, I will give them both to and you could build what you want. I have a title as well and new lighting that I was going to install. I just plain don't want to mess with them anymore. Good tires with a spare as well. Let me know before I chunk them up.
  13. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +699 / 2
  14. mleigh New Member

Seattle, WA
    Joe/K3 - Thanks for the feedback... I have spoken with Mike on the phone and he was great. The pictures he sent me looked great too. I also like the idea of combining a trailer pickup/fishing trip. Joe, a PM w/ some pictures and list of extras you got would be great.

Steve - Please do send some some pictures of the trailers and i will see if it is a project I would want to take on. I am definitely interested!

Thanks,
    Matt
  15. mleigh New Member

Seattle, WA
    PT - That's the post I was looking for. Thanks!
  16. Diehard aka Justin

Seattle, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I went the cheap route the first time and it ended up being a pain in the ass the whole time...so it's a trade off. Unfortunatley, good used trailers are hard as hell to find. If you don't mind the trailer being 8' wide, sometimes there are good deals on used quad/snowmobile trailers...
  17. Diehard aka Justin

Seattle, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Matt, if you get a trailer from MS, ask for a bigger winch, the standard one he uses is a bit small.
  18. mleigh New Member

Seattle, WA
    Justin - Appreciate the heads up.
  19. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +310 / 1
    I'll take some and send them along.
  20. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +721 / 0
    Price is firm. Don't mess with me man. There are spiders all over me.