Cheetos Puffs

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by obiwankanobi, Apr 12, 2014.

1. I recently purchased 100 slip bobbers for the chironomid game and here they are. I used them today and they worked very well even though the fish did not cooperate much.

Attached Files:

Stonefish likes this.
  2. Puffs!!! I did the same and my so-called "friends" that wanted some bought like 5 each! Puffs!!!

3. I think you got a bad batch. You should return them for ones that work.

I got the green ones and they occasionally dart under the surface on me.

constructeur and Earthquake like this.
  4. I cut about 1/3 off the bottom of the pegs and drill the holes out to a larger size. Lightens the load, and makes passing a looped leader through the peg possible.

My bobbers last about 1-day of fishing per-end (2-days per bobber) before the hole is enlarged to the point where they become unusable.

May I ask where you purchased bobbers by the 100-bag. Waters West???

Drifter likes this.
  5. Yes, where did you get a 100 count bag? I need some for sure.

6. What size and shape work well with a 5-6 WT line.

7. Everyone is gonna have their own favorite size. For my 6wt I like the 3/4" (dia.) bobbers. For my 4wt I like the 5/8" (dia.) bobber.

Bye the way, the measurements advertised for the oblong shaped bobbers is for the length, not the O.D. A 1.00" bobber is .3/4" wide X 1.00" long.

Randy

8. Cost to much. Make your own slip bobbers by using the hard styrofome. By the pegs and the total cost is .33 a piece.

9. Interesting, where do you get the supplies?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

10. Why make your own for more when it cost me $.18 each from floats unlimited.

Gary Knowels and Irafly like this.
  11. you need to do your part to bolster the sagging economy, thats my guess.

12. I went with the orange 1.25" ones so that I could see them well in low light conditions and splat them hard on the waters surface, telling the fish that chironomids are coming down soon.

13. Do they come with the pegs also or do you have to buy your own

14. Why the fuck wouldn't they come with pegs..........You really just asked that?

15. Thanks to the OP for this thread. I just bought 200 3/4" pear shaped in both orange and green..........................my god though, I hope they come with pegs??:rolleyes:

16. Not all come with pegs.

17. For that price figured you would have to buy pegs separately.

18. They come with the pegs.