CHEST PACKS AND WADING SHOES

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Manimal, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Manimal

Manimal Member

I have two enquiries, and i thank all in advance since i have little time to shop and research things these days.

1. best waterproof chest pack for wading/flyfishing.
    2. best wading shoes or boots to wear in raft for wading VERY slippery rivers like the thompson. Sometimes without waders, just socks underneath.

I use flats shoes sometimes but last week when i fell in the river and tried to swim, man did they fill with water fast and drag.

thanks!

2. troutpounder

troutpounder Active Member

I dont know about the chest pack but I use the simms rip rap wading shoe and it is awesome for wet wading!

3. Jim Darden

Jim Darden Active Member

I took a pair of felt bottom Patagonia boots and installed simms aluminum cleats on the soles.....so far they have been bulletproof

4. Danielocean

Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Media:
    My best advice is to try a bunch on and pick the one that has the best ankle support.

5. NIrodneck

NIrodneck Active Member

I have a pair of the patagonia Rock Grips with the aluminium bars and absolutely love them. They are also fairly boat/raft friendly, much more so than cleated type. I had a bad experience with non felt soles years ago and have not wanted to try anything else. My lovely wife got me these for my birthday. They,IMO, grip better than felt. In fact you have to get used to not sliding your foot in place but just stepping

6. rory

rory Go Outside

Home Page:
    If you have such little time to shop, you probably can't go to stores and try on all the different types. Send me a money order and I will get them for you. I will even mail you the chest pack and shoes. I will keep this post short because you are so busy. Thanks. PM me for wiring money info.

7. TonyZ

TonyZ Member

I've tried nearly every type of wading shoe on the market and find myself going back to my old school danner riverstompers. Today's boots are way too bulky for my liking, my wife would say I resist change, but I swear they are the best made wading boots ever. Too bad danner no longer makes them.