Chico Creek Reports

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by South Sound, Nov 3, 2008.

1. MasterAnglerTaylor

MasterAnglerTaylor Member

Media:
    Fished today on my lunch break at work...nothing, looked pretty dead out there. Just some old ones in the hole. Prolly just wait till this next rain and or incoming tide.

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Thanks for the update. Saves me a trip over there tomorrow on my lunch break. Sometimes food is more important than fishing (sorry, but to be honest it takes a lot of calories to keep my figure and I skip lunch way too much).

3. Tony

Tony Left handed Gemini.

Media:
    My guess from what the state has said about much lower returns than anticipated along with the amount of dead and zombie fish I saw on Sun. is that its over for this year, sure I did see a few brighter fish but for the most part it seems over unless you just want a part in "night of the swimming dead"
    tony

4. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

I drove down the Canal on Saturday, coming home from B.I. via the longer route. (Over the Hood Canal Bridge and then south. I can't stand driving on hwy 3. The Canal is always a better drive).
    It was sunny and calm. Dead. Saw one crumbling molder still barely alive, finning at my favorite creek mouth. It was mid-afternoon, and the tide wasn't the best. However, the run does seem to be over. Every place looked dead. There was a small crowd at Hoodsport, but I never stop there. Too sunny and calm!

The good news is that you can forget about the dogs and concentrate on cutts, or go hit the rivers for steel. I have heard some reports of good fishing on the OP this last week.

5. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Yeah, thats what I'm saying. But I've got to hook at least ONE doggie this year, maybe Muckie Minter.

6. FlyOnThe Beach

FlyOnThe Beach New Member

Went to Chico as well as Case Inlet, lower Hood Canal and the lower Nisqually Delta. There were no real fish.

Chico had a few fresh dead fish that weren't as fleshy as the ones last weekend. Maybe another push of the run will come. ...not holding my breath....it appears to be over! I missed the initial run two and a half weeks ago and kicking myself. Especially since I bought a 8 Wt. after catching a mess of them last year on a 6 Wt. (Smoked my Cimmaron 3 Reel and bent the center spindle). Chiico was crazy last year (with fish....not too many anglers). The Chum were jumping out of the water and about landing in the stripping baskets and jumping into you......dreams gone for this year I guess!

Ended up looking at Cabela's in Lacey (did not buy anything!) and ate a Costco Hotdog.....definately going after Steels or SRCs next time!