Chico Creek

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Zach M, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Zach M Because I floss so hard

Gig Harbor Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I Have only fished this creek once and that was last year. There where no fish. Can anyone tell me when the best time to fish this for chums. Thanks.
  2. mr. bad example Member

poulsbo
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    it is somewhat of a crapshoot but generally after a decent rain and the begining of november to the middle of november.i went to hoodsport on wednesday and their were fish and no fistfights but give it time.
  3. Terry Bare Member

Independence, Oregon
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Where is Chico Creek located? I would like to do some salt water chum fishing this fall. I have read a lot about it on the board here but can not find it on a map. Has anyone fished the mouths of the Duckabush and Dosewallips? Thanks for any help.
  4. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +229 / 3
    I was in at the local Poulsbo fly shop yesterday and Bill reported a few fish sighted at Chico the day before. I did a quick scouting hike of the Quilcene today and saw a few old silvers but no chum (no rod was taken - the river is still closed)
  5. bankwalker Member

seattle
    my grandparents live on the duckabush and i have been fishing it for about 14 years now. its got a great chum run. but 90% of the good chum water is private property. so be carefull fishing it.

as for the mouth of it. i have never seen anyone fishing it. im sure it would be really good fishing when the river is low. but most of the fish run right up there river. i say this only cuase we catch alot of very bright fish. there isnt to many chum that come up there river already colored up...

p.s. to anyone who would like to fish that river im more then willing to take people there. i know most of the people who live on the river. and 80% of them are more then willing to allow access across their property.
  6. Surf_Candy Member

Bainbridge Island, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I know of the Quilcene summer chum (protected) - is there a fall run?
  7. bankwalker Member

seattle
    most of the hood canal rivers and creeks have fall chum run. i have caught fish at the mouths of most of them at least.
  8. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    I just walked chico (and got my permission slip) on my way to work about 1100. I did not see any fish in the creek from the road to the mouth, nor any obvious fish activity in the nearby salt. Fairly low tide at the time.

Rob
  9. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Stopped by again yesterday (fairly low tide), no fish seen.