Chico Creek

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by tahuyamg, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    Jay, I have had a similar experience this year. I've only been out a few times, but in other years the fish have been a bit more "bitey". I was thinking it was just me, but it sounds like it might not be.
  2. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    It's ok Dave. Now rather than the 40-50 cars there at a time, it will jump to 100-125. Who cares... Some guys just don't get it. :beathead:
  3. tahuyamg tahuyamg

not sure
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    What is there to get dryflylarry? I don't think you get it? The porta pota being in a bad location is what I was trying to point out. But some of you still want to be on your high horse and bitch and whine cause I didn't give you poor babies a report. I figured more people would be interested in the bad placememt of the outhouse. Have you been down there yourself dryflylarry and seen where it is placed? How about the rest of you complaining, have you been since mon.? IF not then you have no idea what I am talking about. You can't really make a comment yet. As far as you report whiners-drive your ass to creek and see for yourself! Like most of us do...
  4. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    Jeez....you post a joke comment like
    Secret Place and the crapper
    gets washed into Dyes Inlet.

End of World

Dave
  5. Surf_Candy Member

Bainbridge Island, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Old man 2?
  6. Peter Pancho Active Member

Gig Harbor,WA
    old man 2 is funny.. Hey is there a Place where I can Plug in my smoker at chico creek.
  7. floatinghat Member

near enough to Seattle
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Mark,

I've never been to Chico crk, I'll agree it no secret. Now, rather than bitching and crying about it here. You call out and slam a couple of organizations that are trying to help. I get it you have good intentions.

Did you think of trying to let them know, "hey the shit house company left the box in a bad spot. You might want to have them move it". Again, I don't know the lay of the land there but its a thought, make a suggestion of where they should put it.
  8. Plecoptera Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +28 / 0
    Just a thought, but if the location presents a potential contamination issue, try contacting Dept of Ecology. They may be able to put some pressure on getting it put in a better spot.
  9. Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

puget sound
    I worked with the Dept. of Eco this summer and I would agree about them being a good source of people to do something about it. As far as keeping Chico a secret, I went there for my first time last week...Im not sure if I'll be back.
  10. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    Who really cares....The stinking outhouse is CHAINED to a tree! It's not going anywhere. :beathead:
  11. tahuyamg tahuyamg

not sure
    Typical...
  12. SteelieD Non Member

In a van down by the river
    Dude.. chill.
    <div style="background-color:black;width:400px;height:360px;overflow:hidden;"><div><embed src="http://www.mtv.com/jackassworld/player/embed/site/" width="400" height="331" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" FlashVars="CONFIG_URL=http://www.mtv.com/jackassworld/player/embed/site/configuration.jhtml%3Fvid%3D195731%26autoPlay=false" allowFullScreen="true'" base="." allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></div><div style="text-align:center;padding:4px;"><a href="http://www.jackassworld.com/" style="color:red;font-weight:bold;font-family:helvetica,arial">jackassworld.com</a></div></div>
  13. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,623 / 2
    hahaha... flawless victory!
  14. Kerfwappie Member

Poulsbo, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    How was it today? Muddy? Anybody catching?
  15. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
  16. Denny Active Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +46 / 0
    :beathead:
    Ya gotta like someone who complains about someone trying to do a good deed. bawling: I'm guessing folks who need to use the porta potty aren't really gonnna complain about it's placement. ;) Dang, I'm just glad it's there.

Also, read what you wrote: "The Porta Potty could not have been put in a better spot." That reads the porta potty couldn't be in a better place . . . can't make up your mind? :beathead:

sheesh.
  17. Peter Pancho Active Member

Gig Harbor,WA
    anyone know of any other productive spot other than Chico and the man.. pms are welcomed. Im getting burnt out on chico..
  18. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,659 / 0
    I guess that there is nobody happy with anything anymore. If they don't bitch about no fish or too many fish and now about the placement of a portapotty.Shit, get a life.

No wonder the quality of fishing sucks. They put the shit house to close to the water. About the only way for the crap to get into the water is for some yahoo to tip it over.

Jim
  19. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    Peter.... Chico and the Man ?!? gotta love
    the reference to a 70's TV show. Didn't they
    have a porta pooper in their back yard? Was it
    in the wrong place also...

Dave
  20. tahuyamg tahuyamg

not sure
    Hey PP try my suggestion at Mission Creek- Belfair State Park. The park not only has one but a few nice bathrooms, even a shower. It's a great place to go for all those who just can't figure out what to do without an outhouse (not implying you need one PP).
    IDK if you have a boat Hood Canal \ has a lot of chum in it. There is chum salmon going to the Union River, Mission creek, Twanoh Creek, (in Twanoh Stat Park) Tahuya river, Skokomish River, Hoodsport Hatchery, and Dewatto River all get Chum. Most places I listed are close to fishing but like I said if you have a boat you can access all the mouths of these places. You can go from one spot or another in a short time. If there's nothing happening motor on to the other.