Chico Creek

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by tahuyamg, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:
    deleted message

2. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    thanks for the info. we hit chico this morning and big goose egg for 2 hrs. hit twano, no chums, but hooked a few src, but nothing bigger than 12. started raining big time. went home..

3. Mike (Doc) LaCombe

Mike (Doc) LaCombe Member

I went up this morning and stood around in the rain with some friends. No fish moving anywhere. Oh and yes the pooper is still chained to the tree. No evidence of any polution.

Mike

4. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    I've avoided Chico till now just cause I'm not too into the crowds, but I'm starting to get the urge to stop by and see this infamous shithouse.

5. johnnyrockfish

johnnyrockfish Member

Perhaps a polite call to the shellfish company or the poggi club would result in them moving it to a more secure location or you might learn why they put it where it is. Maybe they placed it in a highly visible location to encourage people to use it and were willing to risk a flood event or vehicle attack.

Sometimes a simple phone call is all it takes to either improve a situation or learn why it is the way it is. No shit.

Re: the jackass crapper sled, that's the best use yet for Morrow boards!

JR

6. tahuyamg

tahuyamg tahuyamg

@nick wouldn't bother going to Chico- it is all but dead. Frankly I wouldn't be suprised if run at Chico is close to over. With this rain and the way the tides have been working- a lot of fish have been pushing up at night. In my experience when we have conditions like this the Chum don't mill around in the esturary the blast right on thru. It was this date last year that we had a big rain and the majority pushed up...
    @ johnnyrockfish called both shellfish co. and poggie club. Shellfish co. had no idea where it had been placed. Poggie Club had actually thought about putting across and up street a bit, where it would be level, easier to access, and wouldn't be causing a potential enviromental problem. Would people feel different if it were a bunch of native steelhead instead of chum?
    Yesterday when I went to look at Chico all I saw were a bunch of fly fisherman standing and sitting on the road eating and drinking. Those are the guys I suppose need the outhouse. IDK I go there to fish not stand around and have a picnic.
    @oldman I'll say what was deleted "you must not have a mirror anywhere in your house."

7. mr. bad example

mr. bad example Member

the only way for me to be sure your not lying and wanting it all for yourself is for me to hit it tonight.

8. johnnyrockfish

johnnyrockfish Member

Good job giving them a call, that's a great first step. I think we all appreciate your passion for the sport and your desire to prevent an accidental spill into the creek. I hope you see it through getting it moved.

JR

9. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Media:
    HIT it! :beer1: And give us a report ;)

10. mr. bad example

mr. bad example Member