Chironamid Fishing... Sunday the 23rd

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Chef, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

N. Edmonds / Mukilteo, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    Hey guys, I hate to state the obvious, but there are two Martha Lakes in Snohomish County. I believe the one on 164th(Alderwood Manor) is closed. Sorry, I just don't want someone to end up somewhere scratching their head.:hmmm:
  2. willburrrr2003 Member

everett, WA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Greggor,

Pulled out the regs and you are right , Martha lake on 164 was Last Sat. in Apr.-Oct. 31 . And IS closed right now....

Chef,

I am open to suggestions on alternatives, blackmans, pitch in on ferry and catch lone or pass? I know there are also other local lakes but cant think of any other names at the moment....
  3. guitarfisher Jeff W.

SLC, UT
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I had the same conversation about the two Snohomish Martha Lakes with Chef a few weeks back. He made it clear to me that he was talking about the Warm Springs Lake Martha (northwest of Marysville/Tulalip), which is open year-round.
  4. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    yuppers.... going to martha in smokey point . Open all year around. Would love to go to Lone but I just wont make it out there this weekend. I plan to go out later in the month though.
  5. willburrrr2003 Member

everett, WA.
    np Chef, I am down with the other Martha, I didn't realize there were two until it came up here :) I am all over that and will be there :D
  6. kvannice Member

shoreline wa
    yes it's true there is two but did not know 164th was closed.
  7. willburrrr2003 Member

everett, WA.
    Ok Chef, have some loaner fins, and a supply of chironomids from Scotflycst :) as well as I will be tying a mess of bloodworms tomorrow to split with you. I will get my float tube out and ready tomorrow so it is all set for early departure on sunday morning.
  8. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    its ok brother! Cant wait. Talked with Scott after pulling triples at work. we talked for over an hour. Awesome.
  9. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +898 / 1
    I thought the 164 Martha was closed, but I was too lazy to look it up and I just assumed that you guys were smarter than me. Good luck Sunday, I'm an every other weekend fisherman with my wife's work schedule until my boy is old enough and willing enough to fish with me in the cold and wind.

Good luck! Reports!

Ira..
  10. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    ira.... I am pretty much the same way as far as schedule goes. Or the wrath of my wife comes out! :(
  11. Irafly Active Member

My wife isn't too wrathful, in fact she pushes me to fish more... Hmmm maybe I'm missing something. I think she knows that I'm more of a "Distance makes the heart grow fonder" guy than a "Out of sight out of mind" guy.

Ira..
  12. willburrrr2003 Member

everett, WA.
    Met up with Chef at Lake Martha this morning, seems like a great guy :) checked on me several times to make sure how I was doing and even offered coffee but I brought enough for the morning. I forgot the strike indicators, so decided to troll a brown leach...20 mins later fish on!!!! It didn't take long to bring it to hand. A nice little brown trout, that measured 9"...wooohoooo I loved it !! Unfortunately , it was my only bite this morning. I fished until just before noon, then was wearing down and toes got pretty cold so I heading in and packed up off to home. Chef was talking about a Loan lake trip next weekend, and I am down with that :) it was a great experience catching my first fish on a fly rod, can't wait until next weekend to do it again :D My casting is getting much better too! Sorry I didn't stick around longer Chef, I will be more prepared next weekend to keep my feet warmer so I can fish longer.
  13. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Congrats on your first flyrod trout Will! A brown trout at that. You're batting 1000!
    Aren't those fish purty?
  14. willburrrr2003 Member

everett, WA.
    A very nice fish indeed Scott :D , and despite it's size from bite to hand the entire experience was very exciting... Next time out, maybe several to hand and once nice one big enough for dinner ;)
  15. Irafly Active Member

Nice job Will.

Ira..
  16. Loren Jensen Active Member

Sedro-Woolley, Washington
    chef, anything you learn about chirono's, will you share with me? i know nothing about them, just how to tie them. all i got is floating line at the moment, hope it will work for them
  17. gdbrill Tight Lines

Redmond, Washington
    Congrats Will. More good times to come.

Tight Lines.

George
  18. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Rumor has it that Ira is supposed to give a chironamide lesson in Feb on the west side....... :)

Silver: I dont know much at this point. still trying to learn.
  19. Top in my class Member

washington, Spanaway
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    Where can i pick up this dvd??
  20. Bruce Baker Active Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +39 / 0