Chironomid Swap 16 or smaller Spring 2011

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Irafly, Feb 5, 2011.

1. fishingcheftim Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    My size 18's are complete and my size 10's for the other are 40% complete. will be in the post on saturday unless the wind keeps me at the tying desk tomorrow during daylight.
  2. JMitchell Active Member

Selah, wa
    Ratings: +35 / 0
    Half done tonight, other half to be done tommorrow, in mail by Saturday or Monday at latest.
  3. JMitchell Active Member

Selah, wa
    Just finished, in the mail tommorrow. Blood worm pattern by Darc Knobel of Desert Angler out of Ephrata. I have done well with this pattern in bomber size, 8-10-but also on smaller sizes like these. I think he calls it the "Jim Beam", holographic mylar with epoxie.

View attachment 39210 View attachment 39211
  4. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,053 / 1
    Just did well today on the stillwater nymph at Lone.

Ira..
  5. JMitchell Active Member

Selah, wa
    Flies went in the mail today, should be there wednesday.

jarron
  6. Troutrageous Active Member

Yakima
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    Flies for both are in the mail.
  7. willburrrr2003 Member

everett, WA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I finished my flies last night and dropped them off to Ira. I was not happy with them, and had a talk with Ira about what I was trying to accomplish and what I tried to get there. He gave me some really good advice, and was actually optomistic about mine catching fish :D . Then he pulled out one of his boxes of flies to show me examples about what he was talking about.

It was nice meeting you Ira, thanks again for the advice :) Let me know when you have a more definite date for the weekend tying class and fishing, as that sounds like a lot of fun!
  8. Irafly Active Member

They will catch fish Will as will all the bugs I've seen now.

Nice meeting you as well. At this point I'm looking at the last weekend in March but I'll still need to check my wife's schedule.

Ira..
  9. Irafly Active Member

They were not in the mail today, should see them tomorrow and then I will wrap this up and send them out.

If you are lucky you'll all see your flies by Monday Feb. 28th just in time to fish the March 1st opener.

Ira..
  10. Troutrageous Active Member

Yakima
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    Sorry to you all if I'm the delay, I should have sent the size 16's earlier but wanted to get the no holds chironomids in with them. I'd hoped it would turn around in just a day, but it definitely should be there tomorrow.
    -Eric
  11. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    will tag tonight and have them to you tomorrow.
  12. fishingcheftim Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    Ira glad to see that they got to you, I have mutch to learn about tying, tagging and packing. yet, very happy that the got there in time and since I have caught fish on them, I know all others will as well. Thank you for hosting.
  13. Irafly Active Member

All flies in and packaged up. I didn't end up making it home until 4:20 today to check the mail, so I didn't have enough time to package them all up to send them out in the mail today, but I will hit the post office first thing tomorrow.

If you are in both swaps, I'm going to wait and mail out both just waiting on one tier.

troutpocket, I'll bring you yours this weekend
    mrcoachman, willburrrr2003, and Chef, you can pick yours up when you are ready.

Good looking bugs.

One last request! I need someone to take pics. My camera ended up with a Lens error and I can't fix it and the turn around on it will be a bit. So please if you are up for it let me know. I'll also need you to post them.

Ira..
  14. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ira: Can I get some feedback on my flies? I know you are busy but I would appreciate it. Thank you!
  15. Irafly Active Member

Chef, they will catch fish as will all the flies in the swap.

What you need to do is carve out a time for you and your wife to have dinner with me and my wife. From there we sit down and we tie. I can give you all the feedback you need while in front of a vise.

Ira..

LOVE the tags by the way!
  16. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Sounds great Ira. Perhaps we can get together sometime and I can make lunch and we can tie too. Should be great.
  17. nailbender Active Member

Ratings: +34 / 0
    Me too, my wife brought mine in a bit ago. Very cool little flies everybody, need to bring a magnifier light fishing with me. Thanks to Ira and the rest of you.
  18. yellowlab Active Member

In a van... down by the river, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 8
    Thanks folks, got mine in the mail today as well. I look forward to fishing some very good looking patterns
  19. willburrrr2003 Member

everett, WA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I am delighted with all the wonderful 'Mids from everyone :D :thumb: I have them organized nicely in my new box just for 'Mids . I haven't seen any pics of them posted yet, so Here are the ones I took :beer1:

View attachment 39592

View attachment 39593

I can't wait to get out and fish with them :cool: Thanks to all that participated, and again thanks to Ira for hosting the swap :beer1:
  20. Irafly Active Member

Thanks for taking some pics. As I said my camera is down so if anyone else could take them for the gallery that would be much appreciated.

Ira..