Choice of 3 Beaches.......

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by mcp, Jul 28, 2005.

1. mcp

mcp just like fishin'

so i am going to get out after some SRC fishing this weekend for my first time and to help me along i am looking for opinions on which of the following beaches will give me the best chance of actually getting into any fish. i live within 10-15 minutes of each so that is why i have selected these.

picnic point
    meadow pt
    carkeek park

i know this will probably get me a few of the "get out and explore" type answers, but do i really stand a chance of finding any fish at meadow pt or carkeek? i am just looking for a jump start here......

thanks to anyone with some guidance.
    mcp

2. Steve Rohrbach

Steve Rohrbach Puget Sound Fly Fisher

Media:
    Given the weather forecast for this weekend, you need to be out early. There will be lots of beach walkers that will walk right up behind you and ask what you are fishing for. Rock throwers will also have skipping contests over your fly line. I personally am getting out of town to some less populated water. Good luck, Steve

3. TomB

TomB Active Member

go to meadowdale instead...it is between picnic and carkeek.
    -Tom

4. tyeechuck

tyeechuck Member

Carkeek and meadow point have been a little slow lately but don't let that stop you from going out you never know when things will change. The last Saturday of July last year I had the best src day of my life. About 40 fish to hand from 6AM to 1PM on a big minus tide in full sun with little wind and riffle. Any day magic can happen in the salt just takes time put in. On the next day Sunday only 6 fish in the same hours spent. Don't miss any oppurtunity to give it a try.

Jim Koolick