Choose an MVP: Mini marathon Trout Swap 2014

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by riseform, Jul 23, 2014.

?

Chose an MVP: Mini Marathon Trout Swap 2014

Poll closed Aug 6, 2014.
  1. Ron McNeal

13.6%
  2. Teenage Entomologist

50.0%
  3. Travis Bille

34.1%
  4. Bonsai

2.3%
  1. In the Fly Tying forum we recently concluded the first Marathon Trout Swap in five years. The swap covered five months, with a different style of fly submitted each month (January-nymphs, February-streamers, March-Small dries/emergers, April-Large dries/terrestrials and May-Freestyle). We started with seven participants, each tying twelve flies per session. By the end of the marathon, we were down to five, losing two at various portions along the course.

It is customary to vote for a swap MVP upon conclusion of the swap. In an effort to encourage participation, a grand prize of an aluminum trout print fly box was offered. As the host of the swap, I am not an eligible MVP candidate. The two we lost are also eliminated (although they tied excellent flies). So, it comes down to four participants competing for a trout print fly box (skin of their choice). It will be filled with the excess flies we tied for the participants that dropped out at various points)

[​IMG]

The numbers may be uneven, as we had the option of tying two different flies or two of the same pattern for each month.

The nominees are:

Ron McNeal
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Teenage Entomologist
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Travis Bille
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bonsai
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Bring this to the top!

3. Tough choice, great looking flies in every bunch

4. Wow nice job guys!! And I think the swap master should be able to be MVP as you are letting others do the voting! But it's your swap so your rules can we at least see what you tied swap master???

5. And P.S. Why do some have more pics than others???

6. looks like they could tie either one or two patterns each month

7. Great ties! I just finished a fly swap. They're a lot of work. A marathon swap would feel like... well, a marathon ;)

8. I've got a couple of Ron's flies and they're always nicely (and neatly) tied.

9. Dupher got it right.

Here are the flies from those of us that are ineligible:

TD

[​IMG] [​IMG]

sean k

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

riseform

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Eric Denny likes this.
  10. Had the swapmeister's flies been "eligible", I'm pretty sure I'd've voted for his; very nice ties......

11. Great to see this up!

12. Man, you guys make it tough. Riseform, it really is great to see the Marathon Swaps taken over by such a talented fly dresser. Well done to all participants and kudos to the swapmeister.

13. 16 votes for 200+ views?? Come on, WFFers! Rock the vote!

Eric Denny likes this.
  14. Good work by all. :)

15. The fly box would be very nice to have, but sadly, my chest pack is plum full, but is still a nice prize. Vote to zvind ze vinnair!

16. I have to vote for the teenager!

Wish I could of been able to tie that good as a teen------A fine example of our youth carrying on the sport!!!

Ron McNeal likes this.
  17. If only I had entered this baby! I've really progressed in my tying in the last couple months. Screenshot (29).png

18. That is awesome!! You really have some talent!! I hope you end up in one of my swaps when I do them again!! You really are good!

Teenage Entomologist likes this.
  19. That is phenomenal! Great tying!

20. T. E. I'll take three each, size 10, 12, 14. Let me know when there ready and send me your PayPal account . ;-)