Chop house Caesar Salad

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by Alex MacDonald, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    Give this a try guys! I sorta "lifted: it from the Rib & Chop House in Livingston, and I strongly encourage you all to stop there-it's to DIE for!!

I took a bagged Caesar salad, carmelized some onions, and grilled a decent steak on the Kamado Joe at abut 550 degrees. You take a cup of balsamic vinegar, and bring it to a boil in a little sauce pan, throw in two tablespoons of honey, and reduce it to the consistancy of runny lava. Apparently you also need to hover over the pot, stirriing frequently lest it wreck the pot. Once it's done, remove it from the heat and slice the steak, throw it on the salad on top of the bacon and onions, and drizzle the balsamic reduction overtop. I washed it down with a Copper John Scotch-Style ale from Madison River Brewing (which is the very first beer i liked so much I brought back two cases of!!).

plaegreid likes this.
  2. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Sounds really good.

3. jersey

jersey livin' the dream

balsamic reduction is an amazing base for some fine eats; pastas, cheese and desert too.

make sure you hit your Caesar dressing with a little tobasco and anchovies too. never thought of the onions and bacon, but seriously its bacon, why not?

4. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

I'll try that, Alex . . . might be as close as I get to Montana again this year. Thanks!

5. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    we may just have to hog tie you; throw you in the back of the truck, and make the drive!

6. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

After the summer I've had, I doubt there'd be much of a struggle. I was under the obviously mistaken impression that work eased-up a bit as one approached retirement, lol. Any grouse in your neck of the woods? Got out once in the Blues . . . dry, hot, and birdless.