Clarkston WA trout fishing

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Krystoff, May 15, 2008.

1. Krystoff Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'm going to be visiting my in-laws in this area this weekend so I figured it would be a great time to get out and catch a few trout. However, I know absolutely nothing about this area.

I would love to get into some small streams/tributaries in the Clarkston area looking for trout of any kind. I could do lakes, but I won't have a boat or float tube so it will be shore or dock fishing.

Any suggestions would be great!
  2. 509 New Member

WENATCHEE, WA
    Check the Idaho sites.

Clarkston is only part of Washington due to a historical accident.

Ukraine, Georgia, and other countries have been free in recent years. Hopefully, so will parts of eastern Washington in the future.
  3. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +151 / 0
    Good Luck on any rivers in the area. That drainage is going to be FAAAA lowing this weekend with the expected mid to upper 80's this weekend. Your best bet puts you on some lake or impoundment
  4. Stewart Skunk Happens

Spokane
    Ratings: +48 / 0
    You're screwed unless it's a lake. Runoff is in full swing and getting heavier. If you have a white water raft, chuck the fly rod and hit the Locsha.

Good luck with the inlaws.:hmmm:
  5. Krystoff Member

Woodinville, WA
    No watercraft for me unfortunately. Ill check to see if there are any lakes out there that look good.
  6. obiwankanobi Active Member

Ratings: +100 / 0
    Krystoff,

If you don't mind purchasing a Idaho day license, I could point you in some lakes that are very near Clarkston but across the border.
  7. Krystoff Member

Woodinville, WA
    I was hoping to avoid the extra expense since I'm over there with my wife but if that is what it takes then I will do so.
  8. Krystoff Member

Woodinville, WA
    Back from the in-laws and I survived. Got to fish 2 days for a couple hours each. I talked to my uncle-in-law over there and he suggested Golf Course Pond for a quick lake to get some fish.

On the first day, I caught 2 trout about 8-10 inches each and 1 perch looking fish about 13 inches long that weighed quite a bit. Several others were hooked but got away.

On the second day it was raining quite a bit but I stuck it out for a couple hours. I caught 3 little sun fish (at least thats what someone told me they were) and lost 2 trout.

Not a bad little lake for a quick hit.