Classic/original steelhead spey fly swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Kevin Giusti, Dec 29, 2006.

1. halcyon Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!!!

Vancouver, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Flies are complete, toe tagged, packaged, metered and will be put in the post on Monday.

Regards,
  2. Kevin Giusti New Member

Fort Bragg,Ca
    Good deal Halcyon cant wait to check em out. Two weeks boys. Tick Tock tick Tock. Which reminds me Ive gotta get my rear in gear to. Kevin
  3. Kevin Giusti New Member

Fort Bragg,Ca
    Hey all. Halcyon recieved your speys today. BEAUTIES! Ive got to say you also have my vote for best toe tags also! Little over a week to go. How you all doing out there? Halcyon and Cameron are off the hook, looking at there flies gave me some motivation so off to put a dent in my flies. Good fishing and gods speed on the tying. Kevin
  4. Mark Bové Chasin tail

Spokane
    Could We postpone the due date to like april 1st I have finals next week and I need to study for um.
  5. halcyon Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!!!

Vancouver, WA, USA.
    Looks like someone (name deleted to protect the guilty) has waited until the last minute and now has the proverbial teat in a ringer syndrome. :rofl:

Regards,
  6. halcyon Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!!!

Vancouver, WA, USA.
    Looks like someone (name deleted to protect the guilty) has waited until the last minute and now has the proverbial teat in a ringer syndrome. :rofl:

Regards,
  7. Kevin Giusti New Member

Fort Bragg,Ca
    Well speykid I know you were busy with the summer swap so unless anybody else has objections I guess we can wait a couple of more weeks.Again Halcyon and Cameron are in, couple more and Im done. Hows everyone else doing? So Lets make it March 31 since thats a saturday. Man am I glad Im not in school anymore! Study hard Speykid. Kevin
  8. Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

Lynnwood, WA
    That's fine with me.
  9. halcyon Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!!!

Vancouver, WA, USA.
    A bit longer is fine with me:thumb:

Regards,
  10. Kevin Giusti New Member

Fort Bragg,Ca
    Hey guys. Week to go. March 31st is the due date. So far still only Cameron and Halcyon are off the hook. Hows everyone else doing? Take care. Kevin
  11. Kevin Giusti New Member

Fort Bragg,Ca
    Well only a few days left and havent heard from a few of you. Have we lost anyone? I know speykids busy with school. Just wanted to get some updates from others. So far only Halcyon and Cameron are in,still. Let me know how the rest are coming along. Kevin
  12. Mark Bové Chasin tail

Spokane
    Thanks for the reminder. I need to pick up some materials and finish them up! I am in!
  13. Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

Lynnwood, WA
    I hate to say this, but I don't think I'm as up to snuff as I thought I was. I've been trying, but they really don't look good. So, I need to (unfortunately) bow out of this one. I had thought more work would get me up to speed. I was wrong. I need some one-on-one time before I can get these flies down. Sorry for the 'lateness' of this.
  14. steve s Member

Issaquah, Washington
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Kevin,
    My flies are in the mail and you should receive them any day.

Steve S
  15. Kevin Giusti New Member

Fort Bragg,Ca
    sorry to see you drop out Willie. Steve good to hear from you, I look forward to seeing the flies. Looks like as soon as speykids show up I can split em up and get em out. I just need to know what the people want me to do with the extra set they sent. I can send them back to the original owners or I can just send some multiples out to others? I will tie up some extras also and include them to all so everyone gets a good random dozen. Anyway let me know what you all want to do with the extras. I will let you all know when I have them all ready to go out. Take it easy Kevin
  16. steve s Member

Issaquah, Washington
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Kevin,
    I say that you keep the extras, you've been a very gracious host by extending the swap, letting people drop out at the last minute, etc. Keep 'em.

Steve S
  17. Cameron Derbyshire Steelhead, Classic Atlantic salmon flies

Florence, Oregon
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    My opinion: keep 'em under one condition - go fish them!
  18. halcyon Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!!!

Vancouver, WA, USA.
    You may keep my extra set for yourself.
    Best Regards,
  19. Kevin Giusti New Member

Fort Bragg,Ca
    Steve got your flies today. Those are beauties. Definitly some fishy looking flies! Ive got a great looking group of speys here, I think everyone is going to be really happy with this bunch. As soon as speykids flies show up I will get to sorting and send em out. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the offer to keep the extras guys. I will definatly take you up on that one. I will also double up some patterns for everyone. Share and share alike. Im throwing in another classic and an original from myself also so everyone gets a random dozen. Winter fishing is over so I will be taking the originals out of my own box so everyone will get something a little different. Dont worry I will pick ones that didnt make it onto the end of my line! Talk to you soon. Get on it speykid! Kevin
  20. halcyon Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!!!

Vancouver, WA, USA.
    So Mark,
    What is the status of your flies? :confused: We are all waiting :(
    Regards,