Coffee Pot

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Kaiserman, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Kaiserman

Kaiserman content

Has anyone noticed that it hasn't fished as well over the last couple of years?

Wondering if it's getting poached, or if the plants aren't surviving.

I know the water is lower than it has been in years and years, but there are plenty of deep places for the fish to cool off. I don't think it's the water level.

Just wondering why/what the difference has been...

P-FITZ98 likes this.
  2. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

My guess would be that it's the "new" Chopaka, much easier to reach and until recently bigger fish. Harvest is allowed but how many exceed the one fish over 18'' limit is anybody's guess. And it's not fly fishing only but selective gear.

A lot of people will use any means possible to catch a large trout and those aren't the type of folks that are inclined to return said fish to water. Or stop at just one. I expect the decline to continue going forward and am just grateful I got to fish it before the doldrums set in.

For me it is a 4 hour drive and there are lakes within an hours drive that have similar fishing. The Coffee Pot drive has lost a lot of it's appeal. My advice would be to research and sample some lakes closer to home that have outstanding fisheries. And when you find them keep quiet about it. We don't all need to know where the latest best fishing is. I fish some lakes over here in the NE corner that in all my years on this board I have never mentioned. Some years they are just dynamite while in other years not even average. The point is the less they are mentioned for better or worse, the less traffic they will see overall. Loose Lips Foil Fishing.

Ive

3. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I'm new here. What flies should I use at Rocktick lake? I hear the fishing there is off the charts. Or should I go to Lockjaw lake instead.

Steve Kokita and Mike Ediger like this.
  4. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

The fishing is red hot at Wetwater lake! Some old fellers said that they are jumpin all over purple ass clown emergers!

5. Kaiserman

Kaiserman content

Are you kidding me? This lake is no secrect, lol.

Unbelievable... you guys kill me :rolleyes:

6. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

It use to be a secret. It's a better Bass lake always has been.