Coho News?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Woollyworm, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Woollyworm

Woollyworm New Member

Hey all,
    Wondering if anyone has any recent reports of catching silvers from beaches. I always love a good fish story.

Cheers!

2. Nailknot

Nailknot Active Member

Media:
    Heck yeah! Although I have to admit: I'll take turns between my fly rig and a spin rig I bring along to huck buzzbombs. hate to admit to the spin rig in this forum, but sometimes the wind is too much, the distance too far- and I'm a fisherman first- just getting out is the most important thing to me. When i get myself a nice stripping basket and improve my casting skills I hope to go fly line only. That said, a friend posted a few pics from a Seattle city park that is rarely fished, and one of the most perfect spots to be in the Sound. Fair warning, if you recognize the spot, don't push your luck and ruin it for everyone. You need to park and walk a good mile down to the beach, no dogs allowed ($500 fine!), be clean and nice (the locals aren't real hip to the idea of fishing there). It is totally legal according to both Seattle City Parks and the WDFW from Sept 1 to Dec 31. But please be mellow and nice and PLEASE keep it on the low down. catch and release of course.

Most fish have been in the 4-8 Lb range, but Sunday a friend hooked into a BIG silver that broke his line. Fish the tides, especially the receding highs. It can be hit and miss, hey it's fishing!, but generally good. I've seen Silvers in 2 feet of water. There are big fish to be caught no doubt.

I shouldn't ever spill the beans on this spot but hoping some good karma comes around with info on Skagit and Stilly hot spots. If no karma comes around I'm never spilling the beans again! ;) Post your email here for more specifics pending info trade ;)

Photos: http://www.biglunker.com/

3. Woollyworm

Woollyworm New Member

Hey there,

Nice photos. Well I'd be interested in finding out more about this spot. Only a few Seattle Parks with potential silver fishing come to mind. Drop a line to dipaoloc@yahoo.com if you get a chance.

Tight lines!

4. guest

guest Guest

hey that picture with the lighthouse is where they filmed the temple of the dog video huh with chris cornel and eddie vedder isnt it. and is beach fishing that tight over in the seattle area, im from across the water and and beaches for days

5. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member

Media:
    Very cool pics, I think I know the place. What colors of buzz bombs do u use, what size? I have mostly flyfished for the last 12 years, but with salmon runs i have busted out the spinning rod. Spending my time 1/2 and 1/2 fishing either way.

Any info on buzz bombs? Do you weight them? Lose many?:jj

6. guest

guest Guest

2 1/2 inch in green and pearl,green and yellow, or paint one all white with a red tip at the hook end.2 inch are good for casting and reeling in on a strait retrieve. 2 inch green and yellow are deadly for cutthroat on a strait retrieve. hot pink is also good for a 2 inch. hope this helps out a bit ben

7. John Lindsay

John Lindsay New Member

I have been fishing Skagit river for years and I have several good spots from bank and boat. Fishing has been fantastic I've hooked into kings, humpys and the silvers are just starting to show in the last week or so especially in the lower part(sedro wooley down) I have caught several over ten pounds. A good spot from I-5 take hwy 20 towards Sedro-Woolley take right onto Gardener road go down to boat ramp take left go down through woods 1/2 mile or so. Drive onto gravel barr west end of barr is the best 6-7foot channal runs about 15 feet out. You will catch fish there. Contact me for more info maybe I'll met you there.;-)

8. guest

guest Guest

thanks a million i got a cousin who lives up there shes getting married and i am supposed to stay there over night i was going to put up a post about the river then i read this, and got a place to fish. what flys do you recommend, i got a 5wt and a 8wt with 3 spools a piece so i got line, do you use like marabou leeches, or egg sucking leeches those are about the only flys i have caught fish on. i am not a big rver dog thou, not much on the kitsap penninsula for drains. thanks for the tip again, ben