Coho

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Carpmaster2, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Carpmaster2

Carpmaster2 New Member

Curious if folks are finding silvers on the fly in the south sound. I picked one up in north MA13 on gear but so far nothing on the fly. Wondering if its still a bit early. Thx.

2. CLO

CLO Bonk Hatcheries

Media:
    They are headed that way.

3. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
  4. Carpmaster2

Carpmaster2 New Member

Correction - I meant picked one up on gear by heading north to MA11, havent seen any activity in MA13. Getting antsy though, I need to break in this new 7wt properly (i.e., not on a pink)

5. gibbycu

gibbycu turns all year

1 for 3 in MA10 this morning. Lots of "Big" surface water action some in close, many out far. One that I missed (note to self, sharpen hooks better) created a sieche behind the fly, damn it. The one I got (after sharpening hook) was a hatchery cookie cutter. It'll do.

6. emmccauley

emmccauley Active Member

That was a nice fish - glad I could help out with the sharpener. :) (At least I think you were the same guy!)

gibbycu likes this.
  7. gibbycu

gibbycu turns all year

Yup, that was me! Emmccauley did me a HUGE solid and let me use his sharpener as mine was conveniently next to the kitchen sink. I would have certainly missed the last one as well since it was hooked deep in the snout. Weighed just shy of 5lbs on the kitchen scale, standard hatchery fish. I suppose proper etiquette would have been to cut you off a slab. I was too excited to think properly.

8. Carpmaster2

Carpmaster2 New Member

Was considering throwing some poppers this evening and weekend - after reading some discussion around here it sounds like too much fun to pass up. Questions - what color patterns do folks recommend for south sound (south MA11/North MA13) coho? I usually throw the darker colors in the south such as green/white or olive/white baitfish pattern. Same colors for the poppers? Also, will pinks chase or is it strickly a coho/cutty gig? Muchos gracias

9. Bagman

Bagman Active Member

It's more the action of the Icelandic sheep hair then the color. Leland has a utube video of how to tye it if you haven't already watched it I would suggest you do. He gives a few pointers that you would need to know to make it easer. As far as Pinks I have no idea.