Coldwater Lake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Strike Zone, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Strike Zone

Strike Zone Member

Terry: Well at least you you a few. Ya could have been skunked. I have been occasionally up there, but I usually can figure out how to entice a few sometime during the day. I'm headed up there on Saturday. I usually try to stay away on Saturday's, but I am taking a dad and his two teenage sons out for a day of fly fishing. So I hope the fish are cooperative. It's to raise money for the boys and girls to go to summer camps. It's a good cause so what the heck. The bite has been really early at Merwin for kokes so we are going to try to be on the lake before daylight. Merwin has been on fire for me the last two times I've been up there in the early mornings.. We had 40 on the first day, but put in about12 hours, and then this Monday we had 30 plus on in about 5 hours. This kokanee fishing is a kick in the pants.
    Denny

2. Strike Zone

Strike Zone Member

Spent yesterday on Coldwater with three others in the boat. We only saw 2 other boats on the lake all day. We ended up releasing about 20-25 fish, but all were small. 11-13 inches. Mostly caught on dragons down deep or tazmanian devils of various colors down deep. Here are a few.

Strike Zone

Attached Files:

• 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      308.9 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      351.5 KB
      Views: