columbia smallies

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by P.Dieter, May 24, 2011.

1. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Over the weekend we camped at Horn Rapids and fished sloughs and back channels from Vantage to Goldendale. Carp are just getting to the spawn in the warmer spots and were very hard to pick up between sex on the brain, wind and murky water. Fishing around wind turbine farms...guess we all know what that can be like. But damn it was fun to get out on the east side. The new-to-me Murdich Minnow was a lot of fun to fish, very visual fishing with so much unweighted flash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shawn West

Shawn West Active Member

Very nice pictures. That fly looks killer. Obviously the bass agree. I may have to tie up a few for future bass excursions.

Shawn

3. Good stuff! Try any topwater?

4. ganglyangler

ganglyangler Bird Dogs and Fly Rods

Very nice... love tha third shot!

5. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Right on !!

6. P.Dieter

Nope. The unweighted minnows provided a similar experience though.

7. ribka

ribka Active Member

Nice pics there
    Looks like a lot of fun. Very frustrating seeing 100's of carp when they spawn and they wont take a fly /lure

8. Joe Smolt

Joe Smolt Member

Beautiful fish....beautiful pictures

9. P.Dieter

having a great time these days combining fishing and photography it makes for full trips.

10. Jay Burman

Jay Burman Experienced Ne'r do well and Layabout.

Terrific photos! Great fishing trip! Awesome post!

11. Jay Burman

Where can I get a Murdick Minnow?

12. P.Dieter

13. Salmon Candy

Salmon Candy Member

Matt,
    I raised one smallmouth on a spun deerhair,rubber-legged bug and another struck the BananaRama as soon as it landed.

Let me know when you get the smallmouth itch and I'll tell you about a couple of interesting places.

14. Jay Burman

I finally tied up some Murdich Minnows and took em fishing. They worked great. I landed 10 Smallies, 2 of which were 2-3 Lbs. I finally wore out the only 2 I tied so I came home and tied a few more, plus I added a new color. Next week I'll give Banks Lake another shot unless I can figure out a closer spot. Any suggestions?