Coming Soon...

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Ed Call, Sep 17, 2010.

1. PT

PT Physhicist

I can wait. Why would anyone want the seasons to pass any quicker than they already do? Local steelhead are just starting to wake up, silvers are plentiful in certain rivers. I do have some latex gloves on hand for when I actually have to handle one of those nasty things;)

2. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

6 wt is really pushing it. I like the 8 but have been outgunned more than once.

3. jcalderon

jcalderon Member

I would have a couple open seats for anyone interested in showing me the ropes in the salt.

4. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

Peter is right, its fun for a while with a six weight
    but you want it over... to cast again. Since there
    were no chummies in my area last year it will be
    knuckle busting enjoyment. If you touch them you will
    become mutated and change into THEM

5. ten80

ten80 Active Member

One should really fish catch and release with the proper weight rod. Over-playing a fish on a 6wt is not doing the fish any favors. IMy 8/9wt switch that is a perfect chum weapon, might have to also put the 8wt spey to use.

6. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

I've never had a Chum ask me for a favor.

7. Yak

Yak Member

Hope they make a good showing this year.

8. Jim Riggins

Jim Riggins Member

Ed, get a hold of me when they come in, me and my echo ion 8wt are ready! I'd love to break it on one of them.

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Jim, I'll keep you posted. That Echo Ion 8wt will be fine, but your warranty will be nice to have just in case.

10. Mumbles your clouding my vision of steels with big chums. I cant stand for this, we got at least a month and a half and now you already got my imagination going. Dam you now I can't concentrate. ;)

11. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

Chum Swap open...sign up!

12. Shad

Shad Active Member

No doubt, the chums in the Harbor are hurting. Even just a few years ago, I can recall fishing for winter steelhead on the Satsop and Wynoochee in December and practically choking on the stench of rotting chum carcasses. Last couple of years, the air has been way too fresh for my liking. As good as the chum runs used to be, I have to believe the lost nutrients will have a decidedly negative impact on the other resident and migrating species in the Chehalis drainage. Of course, it sucks not catching chums in the fall, too.

Hopefully, the numbers will improve.

Have fun out there, everyone, and take care of those chums.