Completely addicted and hopelessly ruined. Newbie

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Rosetime, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Rosetime Member

Snoqualmie,WA
    Ratings: +26 / 0
    Many of you may know my younger brother Dylan Rose from his days as a guide or at The Avid Angler. My addiction lies squarely on his shoulders.

After receiving a 4wt as a present from my brother, my first fish caught on the fly was at Issac's Ranch where I was blindsided by the sheer size and numbers of the bows. Glassy eyed and reeling from the experience, the seed had been planted. For the next couple of years the small creeks and rivers near my home in Snoqualmie is where I got my fix. In the last year this sickness has exploded into early mornings on puget sound where I caught my first Coho off the beach, to yesterday landing my first ever steelhead. Done as a hard core addict would like, with a two hander on the swing. The sight of steel has changed me and I will forever be thankful to my bro for the intro to this sport. As afflictions go, I think I can live with this one. I have lurked on this board for a while but am resolved to post more. Hope to see you on the water.

Justin
  2. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    If I were you,

I'd kick my bro right in the nuts.

What a jerk.

;)
  3. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +404 / 0
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AH, HATE TO TELL YOU THIS, BUT THERE IS NO CURE FOR YOUR ADDICTION.

I GOT IT ALSO.
  4. Greg Armstrong Active Member

Pugetropolis
    Ratings: +335 / 0

The only cure is death - and it's generally not recommended.

Justin, your brother once sold me a "Tie - Fast" nail knot tyer tool. It ruined me forever, too.
    Now I can't tie the nail knot the old fashioned way any more!
  5. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,532 / 0
    You're doomed .....:)
  6. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +277 / 0
    I hope you can control yourself. I dont do so well and fish way too much. I have spent many 'sickdays' standing in a river smiling.
    Good Luck!
  7. kmac Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +28 / 0
    If your wife ever complains about you going fishing too much you can just tell her "it's all Dylan's fault!"
    Rosetime likes this.
  8. false cast New Member

hopefully, a stream near you.
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Typical little brother.....:)
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,618 / 0
    I guess that I'm one of the few that have kicked the Steelhead fad. I gave up all my fishing in Washington to fish Montana. I've caught Grayling, Browns, EB, RB, and Cutthroat. Also a few big Whitefish. I could say that my fishing is complete but I won't. I always will have the itch that I can't scratch.
  10. Jeff Sawyer Active Member

Tacoma WA
    Ratings: +217 / 0
    I used to think “addiction” was one of those fluffy words people throw around without meaning it; like “monogamy”. Then I caught my first steelhead on the swing; I understand addiction now.
  11. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +289 / 0
    Tell Dylan to get back up here and to make some more skate-the-fly podcasts!! How else am I supposed to pass time not spent on the water?
  12. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +372 / 0
    Those podcasts were good.
  13. jake-e-boy Active Member

Kennewick
    Ratings: +190 / 0
    could try this one, http://theopenflypodcast.com/
  14. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +289 / 0
    Yep, our very own are the creators of that. Should be fun!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  15. Rosetime Member

Snoqualmie,WA
    Ratings: +26 / 0
    Luke77 - No one would like it more than me for him to come back up to Seattle but has found a great place at Fly Water Travel and is super happy to be so close to some great steelhead water on the Rogue. Unfortunately skate-the-fly is dead. Loved watching him and McCoy trying to be serious.
    Luke77 likes this.
  16. ray@montanariverlodge Member

Ratings: +19 / 0
    She says "you don't need another fly rod". I say "but I didn't have one of this weight". She says "how much was it?" I say "I got it for a song!" She says "OK, that's enough, you gotta stop." I say "OK,OK. I'll stop." She didn't say how long I had to stop!!! Who's addicted?