Computer problems

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by BOBLAWLESS, Oct 28, 2002.

1. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I've some very aggravating problems with my wire box. I am try to use Microsoft word 4.0 in order to use spell check on my posts.
    So I work about 3 hours on my next post and when I cut and paste to transfer it to the post box only about the last 1/4 was printed. I tried some new tactics and now the article is gone. Very sullen here. I'm going to my war room and brood. Hope someone can help me out. Can't find my article. Can't cut and paste. :CONFUSED
  2. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +55 / 0
    Geez Bob. Don't know what to tell ya. There are times that my box would crash in windows ME and would have to reboot from the start up disk. I have lost the homework for seven kids, several times. And usually it was due the next day.

But the Wilbur saga, this is really important. When you're in Works, the pop down menu under file, does it list last documents used. If it does, then just click on them. If you didn't save, then they may be listed as untitled 1 or 2 something. Or, start a new ducument in works, just some choice cussing will do, and then click file and save as. This will give you a pop up window asking you to save as what. At the top of the pop up should be the folders up button. Click on that a couple times to find out where works has been saving your documents.

Other than that, you'd have to do a file search through the start button, if you know what they were titled.

Good luck,

Matt
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,407 / 0
    What do I know---I'm just an old man

SEVEN KIDS. How do you find the time to even go fishing. I've seen three,where you hiding the rest.

JIm
  4. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +55 / 0
    Ages are 5, 6, 8, 12, 13, 17 and 18. Once they hit puberty, they become to cool to hang out with dad.

Come on Bob....I need my Wilbur fix.

Matt