Conconelly lake

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by gknell9, Oct 17, 2002.

1. I fished the lower lake not to long ago and caught quite a few bows, however many of them had lesions on the side. I fear that something got into the water either at the lake or at the hatchery. The leasions where a brownish black and were about the size of a quarter.
    I told the lodge operator who said that he had reported it to the Game boys but when I checked they had no reports. I was wondering if any of you guys had experienced anything like this before.

2. gknell9, i have not recently heard about this up there. I was up in Conconully this last weekend and will return this weekend (hunting and fishing). We just fished the upper lake and did quite well. Didn't run into any of these lesions on the fish, but i do recall someone in town or ina boat someplace saying something about it when i was up there in the spring. I'll look into it when i'm up there this weekend, as i would hate for something to happen to those fish populations, been going there forever and wouldn't want anything to change.

3. I have fished up there for about 35 years and this was the first time that I had seen this on the fish. Very disturbing. I spoke to a couple of guys who were convinced that the pesticide from the orchards was now beginning to affect the fish population. It seemed logical considering the pollution problem, but maybe this is only a local one time occurence. I HOPE.