Confluence Fly Shop In Bellingham

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by sonny bono, Oct 9, 2013.

1. sonny bono Banned or Parked

Ratings: +1 / 0
    Went to the Confluence fly shop in Bellingham. Hard to believe they stay in business, they hardly have any inventory, everything was priced higher than retail. I went in on my way down to find out were to fish in the area and they made it clear they would give no info unless I bought something. I offered to buy a few flies and they made it clear that was not going to get me any info. The rudest shop have ever been too. It sure seemed they had no info and no customers. The most disappointing fly shop I have ever seen....beware!!

sonny bono - Gabe Garcia
  2. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    Ratings: +541 / 0
    I think it may have been you. I'm a big fan myself.

Go Sox,
    cds
  3. hookedonthefly Active Member

Ratings: +121 / 0
    It must have been me! RAD! :D
  4. sonny bono Banned or Parked

I specifically asked about lakes and the dude said there were none, after I left I googled the area and there is a fly fish only lake in the area. That is just lame they did not mention it.
  5. hookedonthefly Active Member

KerryS and Derek Young like this.
  6. sonny bono Banned or Parked

I was probably the only person to step in that shop in weeks....and it is very hard to find, off some side roads in a secluded part of town. They did not have a single 6wt rod in stock, what fly shop would not have a 6wt in stock???? Totally bizzzzzare!!!!
  7. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    I gotta get some hooks tomorrow or the next day Ed. I'll see you then. I also need some orange hackle tips for speys and maybe some dubbing.

Go Sox,
    cds
  8. hookedonthefly Active Member

Thanks, Charles. Can you please, of course over a cold IPA, help me figure out what grain weight line I need to deliver that Anisoptera pattern you tied for Pass?

Oh, how rude...I'll be in Saturday. Look forward to a trip report! Hope you saw one or two of our finned friends.
    Cheers Bro',
    Ed
    Derek Young likes this.
  9. Travis Bille Active Member

McKinleyville, CA
    Ratings: +360 / 0
    This is hilarious
  10. Cole L Fish Fiend

Bellingham
    Ratings: +48 / 0
    I dont think you know what a start-up looks like. I also dont think you understand how much money one must have to buy as much product as they do have. Given each rod costs at least $200. Add it up. From my experience with them, Scott and Ed are nothing but friendly and helpful to me. Seems like you are the problem and you shouldn't criticize somebody for your own faults.
  11. tonemike fish'n glass

Monroe, WA.
    Ratings: +36 / 0
    very weird thread! i don't always like the guys i sell stuff to, but if you want to survive in retail, you gotta sell stuff to the nice people and the others too. that shop coulda sold him a few buggers and sent him to Lake Samish.
    Blake Harmon likes this.
  12. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Ratings: +54 / 1
    Putting popcorn in microwave right about...now.
  13. hookedonthefly Active Member

There was quite a bit of sarcasm in what I said in previous posts. We're pretty friendly folks around here; and, always happy to attempt to steer folks in the right direction whether we sell something or not. Wanna buy a 6 wt?

This is indeed hilarious.

Thanks for the kind words, Cole!
    Safe Travels,
    Ed
    Derek Young likes this.
  14. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +484 / 0
    Ed and Scott are 2 of the most decent guys I have ever met. If you feel someone is acting like a dick, try bringing it up face to face instead of scampering off to the Internet to bitch about it.
    xdog likes this.
  15. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +105 / 0
    Methinks I smell TROLL
    David Dalan likes this.
  16. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +497 / 2
    This is the troll-iest shop thread I've seen in a while.

Ed and Scott are completely solid guys. Nobody is going to be perfect every day, but their great days surely outweigh mine. If they are the "rudest" fly shop employees you've ever met, you don't understand how lucky you are. Since on the scale of fly shop rudeness, Confluence doesn't even register.

Their shop is small, but it hasn't been open 6 months and they are working hard to make sure it's a sustainable business. It's been 6 years since we've had a shop up here and nobody in the Bellingham fishing community wants to see a flash in the pan shop that can't stay open. Their prices are standard fly shop prices. Yeah, they aren't as cheap as mail order, if that's what you call "retail" pricing these days. But that's true of every local shop.

I'd encourage anyone reading this thread to pay attention to the posts from the long time crew of locals who stand behind the Confluence guys and not just random trolls who just joined yesterday to vent behind a keyboard.
    xdog and aplTyler like this.
  17. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,126 / 4
    Don't make it that far north much, but this thread has me itching to get up there and stop by this shop. Seems like my kinda place.
    aplTyler likes this.
  18. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +737 / 0
    I've never met Ed, but I know Scott pretty well. And he is hell of a nice fellow and he knows his shit. And he speaks very highly of Ed. Whole thread is Troll-like indeed.
  19. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    Funny stuff. I have, of course, never fished Pass.

Go Sox,
    cds
  20. Topstoy Member

Tonasket, WA
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    This guy must have missed a few days of his meds. Scott and Ed are two of the most friendly guys I have met and know there stuff. I can go in there and spend less than $5 and they will talk to me for an hour about fishing. Their selection for materials is great and if they don't have something they insist on ordering it to have it stocked for next time you visit. As far as being off the beaten path, they are located at the beautiful Bellingham Harbor instead of out by the big mall mess. I perfer to advoid the Guide Meridian mess. Much more pleasant down at the harbor. Anyone thinking of making the trip to the shop should make the drive as it is worth it. Keep it going Ed and Scott!