NFR Congrate's to the Cougs

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by freestoneangler, Nov 23, 2012.

1. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +611 / 1
    What a great game and fitting ending. A home team, whose season has been a nightmare and seemingly always playing second-fiddle to their cross state rivals. From one state college fan to the Coug's on the forum, PARTY HARD!
    Ron McNeal, Dave Evans and Dan Nelson like this.
  2. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,116 / 0
    I'm not too optimistic about the Beavers managing to beat the Ducks tomorrow... even if the game is in Corvallis. Whatever happens, it's going to be a wet one. Glad it's on TV.

Congrats Cougs.
  3. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +365 / 0
    My wife is a Coug grad and is pretty happy. Vegas lost some money today with that game :D
  4. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    I'm hoping like hell the Beavers can pull it off...the team that Nike built getting beat two weeks in a row...pandemonium :D
    Kent Lufkin and aplTyler like this.
  5. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +288 / 1
    Makes suffering through the last 8 losses all worthwhile. My Husky friends have been nearly unbarable this year. It's great to be a Coug but especially right now!
    Derek Young and Dan Nelson like this.
  6. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    i'm no coug or dawg (i'm a pirate) but I really hope in his post game presser, Leach calls Sark his "new" fat little girlfriend
  7. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +889 / 1
    It's tough being a Husky fan over here in Cougarland.
  8. Kaiserman content

I cheer for any Pac 12 team that has a shot at the title game, and against every SEC team. Nothing against the teams really, just the system that puts those teams ahead from the start. Even with the "playoff" system next year (if you can call it that), it still sucks. SEC has won the last 6 title games. Wow, what a surprise when you lose at home and drop from 1st to 4th like Alabama did. That 60 minutes episode last week told it all....it's all about the $$$.

Go Ducks - If Alabama, Georgia, Florida and ND lose. Not asking for much am I ?
  9. Cruik Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +116 / 0
    If you have an issue with college football being all about the dollars, why would you ever root for Oregon? I understand some of those SEC teams are run like corporations and don't capture the essence of what collegiate sportsmanship should be, but Oregon's inappropriate relationship with Nike takes it to a whole new level. Enticing recruits by telling them that they can work with Nike to design their own shoes? Are you kidding me? Not to mention the recruiting violations. I would root for any NCAA team before Oregon.
  10. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,116 / 0
    Well, normally I route for the Beavs, then the Ducks (both from Oregon) then anyone from the Pac 12.

Cruik makes a good point about Nike. The Ducks must have a huge warehouse someplace in Eugene to house all the different uniforms, shoes and helmets. I swear, they wear a different uniform for every game. Sheeesh. That's a little over-kill from Nike. (some of the uniforms are downright ridiculous)
  11. Mike Active Member

Someplace between here and there
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    I am a Buffalo living in a household with a Cougar and 2 Huskys. So it has been a great year of Pac 12 Football. Nobody can really gloat, but we all got an important win.

But good for the Cougs, they deserved a break, especially one from the UW.
  12. Kaiserman content

Fancy shoes and neat jerseys don't get you ranked in the top five. Get rid of the BCS (Bull Crap Series) and put in a true playoff system, that's all my point is.

You don't think I'm well aware of the misgivings in Oregon? You'd have to be brain dead not to know about it. East coast bias is even talked about by east coast people when it comes to rankings. Their response, "Get over it." I say, let's have a playoff. That seems to scare the crap out of the SEC.
  13. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,231 / 9
  14. underachiever !

suburban hell
    Ratings: +310 / 0
    Thanks for this post, now we can easily identify any bitter dawg fan.
    Grayone likes this.
  15. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,231 / 9
    Irish logo.jpg

Still work to be done...in the Pac-12 tomorrow.
  16. Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Bellingham Wa.
    Ratings: +276 / 1
    From a life long fan of the Huskies, congratulations WSU. They controlled the line of scrimmage for most of the game, and played with more want to. A tip of the hat to ya Mr. Leach. If USC beats ND tomorrow, I'll feel a little better.
    Dave Kaiserman likes this.
  17. wichaka Active Member

White Salmon, Washington
    Ratings: +29 / 0
  18. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +276 / 1
    I'm not the consummate fan you all are but I'm with DK 100%. EC media
    bias is revolting.
  19. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    The world is right once again!!!!
  20. Spencer Woods Member

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    Die Hard Coug! Class of 98! Finally have the coordination to open my laptop and type something after last nights party! It wasn't nearly as easy to wake up as it use to be. Man oh man........