Contour GPS versus Go Pro Hero 2

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by Ed Call, Dec 30, 2011.

1. funfisher Fish On!

Suquamish, WA
    Ratings: +24 / 1
    Ed,
    Not sure if you have already looked at it, but you might check out the Kodak Playsport ZX3. It shoots HD video, still photos and is waterproof up to 3 meters. It has a lot of other features and you should be able to find one new for a tad over a C-note. The video and sound are great and it even has a built in speaker for playback. I did a trip with a buddy who was using a contour and his video didn't hold a candle to the Playsport. Just my humble opinion...
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Thanks Dave, I looked at a few cameras like that too.
  3. Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Stick with the GoPro... I got one recently, and i am in love with it. The mounting opportunities are way better with the Hero than the Contour. My ski buddy has a contour, and he likes my GoPro alot more.
  4. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Got it, mostly using it for practice and match filming for my youth volleyball team. Lets me relive the action to track my stats and watch for player tendencies that would need to be worked on in drills. I might have some footage from a recent cold water trout ditch.
  5. flycasterwa Chris Delsing

Bellevue, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Forgot to ask a important question. What editing software comes out of the box, and what do you use??
  6. Kim Hampton Not Politically Correct

Tacoma, Wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    X2...but I'm using a Mac.
  7. SccrBecks08 water-logged

Steilacoom, WA
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    Contour. Why? Because it's a Seattle based product designed by two UW students. The mounts and simplicity of Contour are favorable too. Great product and customer service with local roots.