Cool video put fiberglass rod and steelhead in action!

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by yuhina, Jan 31, 2012.

1. a very cool action shot from our member! Nice work Randy! :thumb:

2. Thanks Mark, it was a great day to be out there in the overcast, raining conditions, soaked to the bone, and alone. A couple of steelhead to hand certainly didn't hurt...

3. Very nice!

4. Very cool...

5. that was awesome! mind sharin some info on that rod and reel?

6. that, I can do. Rod is a Lamiglas 5pc 8' 8wt. The reel is a Young-made Shakespeare Worcestershire (I think it's a 2628, but not entirely sure) with dual pawls and holds a 9WF line with plenty of backing (I have somewhere between 100-150yds on there).

Cheers,
    Randy

7. Very cool rod! Randy,

I am sure the 5 pc spec will help when you are crawling though those dense rain forest floor! : )
    One day I will visit this spectacular forest!!
    Keep up the great work!

BTW, Vlad's rod building skill is just amazing!! I have seen many of his brilliant rods in person and it's just blow my mind almost everytime when he got a new rod out!

Mark

8. I completely agree...it was great to hear from him on the history of this particular rod, from the Midwest to Florida to the Pac NW now...not to mention the fact that it casts real nice. I haven't really gotten it out to test it for distance yet, but I might end up taking it on my next surf perch outing.