Correct Materials to repair Scadden Rampage

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by MJGROTA, Nov 24, 2012.

1. MJGROTA

MJGROTA New Member

Have some chaffing near one of the Oar studs that occurred while transporting on roof top of truck. Ned help on getting the correct patching materials and adhesive. Call Scadden TWICE and send emails for a kit or advice have heard nothing. Not indicative of good customer service. So I'll reach out and see what the users have done.

Thanks for any suggestions

2. shawn k

shawn k Member

How Bad is the chaffing? Did it rip a hole in the fabric or is it mainly cosmetic. If it is mainly cosmetic try scuffing it with some sand paper and put a bead of Aquaseal over it.

Scadden sucks when it comes to answering phones or e-mails. Just Pm Blue on here ( she is his PR manager on the web.) LOL Ask her to have Dave give you a call.

constructeur likes this.
  3. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

I talked to NRS when I found a hole in my Scadden Assault and used PVC fabric and Stabond adhesive. I bought some extra d-rings and Scotty rod holder mounts at the same time. It has all worked well. Besides the the rod holders, I got the triple rod holder mount system from Scotty and used it on my float down the Ronde. It was awesome.

Wayne

4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I use stabond adhesive on my scadden boats. So far for adding d ring attachment points and not for holes.

5. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

I've heard from numerous Scadden owners that his "customer service" is non-existent; that's the one drawback to his boats.

6. Panther

Panther Member

I've got a Renegade and love it. I would be "ticked off" and frustrated at poor customer service. I know that your problems are real. But, based on one experience, I'll supply a positive Scadden note. A "D" ring tore through the vinyl on my Renegade. I called NFO and Dave Scadden answered. He sent me the D ring and told me that NFO uses Loctite Vinyl, Fabric & Plastic Flexible Adhesive. I used it and it works great. Hope that the customer service improves for you.

Wayne...your post is important for me. I want to be able to easily fold my Renegade, so I haven't glued on a Scotty Rod Holder Mount. But now maybe I will...since the Triple Rod Holder worked well for you.

Panther

7. MJGROTA

MJGROTA New Member

Thank you guys for your comments. The chaffing is significant enough to show the fibers under the layers of colored PVC (?). Believe this is the source of a very slow leak. I'll try the recommended repairs. Guess I am glad to hear the other comments on Scadden service. At least I won't take it personal. Amazing they don't offer a repair kit.
    Again thanks.. Do love this boat. Floating the Yuba River in CA has been real fun.
    Mike Gilroy

8. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

I have two of them ony boat and my boat still folds easily inthe bag that came with it. I fold from the front to the back and then lay the boat on the bag and then fold the sidesup to fit. I keep the side bags, seat and oars in a different box though, As I need to bring other stuff anyway, so its not a tight fit.

Wayne

9. Panther

Panther Member

Thanks, Wayne for the folding tip. Maybe next spring I'll put a Scotty Rod Holder Mount on my Renegade.

Panther

10. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Sounds like a cool system - I would love to see a picture of how you have that configured

11. Blue

Blue Active Member

My renegade had several spots where you can see the fibers (bad pack on my part). It is a Kevlar coating on several layers, but I too was concerned. I was told that I didn't need a repair kit for these newer boats just
    Aquaseal....that is what you need, just Aquaseal.
    I use Sta-bond to glue my Scotty's on and I have the three tree (great for extra rods and the over the shoulder GoPro) plus a couple of D rings. A friend has the same boat and used Lock Tight too..so far good.