Cowiche Creek Report

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Randru, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Randru Member

Yakima WA
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Went out this afternoon and hiked the Cowiche canyon trail. Took my 3wt along for the stroll just in case and this being my first time on this trail I didn't really know what to expect. The hike started eventful with a rattler spooking me about 3 minuets into the hike... well spooked my girl friend even more. It was about a foot off the trail at the edge so we had to wait till it moved on.

Anyway the fishing was surprisingly good. Caught several 6-10 inch trout by skating a fly on the top. Access is kinda tough in places with tall grass growing all the way to the edge where it drops off steeply into the water or lots of trees and brush all the way to the edge. There are a couple places to get to the water and if you have waders there are a few more places that could be accessed. I guess I am going to have to go back with waders next time.

R.

CowicheCreek1.JPG CowicheCreek2.JPG
  2. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +795 / 1
    I've not been there myself -- never heard of it before. Small water venues are fun and it sounds like you had a good day. Thanks for the report.
  3. Skysoldier Trout Hunter

Lost in the woods.....
    Ratings: +197 / 0
    Very nice! I love small waters.
  4. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +518 / 0
    Healthy looking little bow! Nice work.

Thanks for the report!