Coyote/Cougar Hunting - Wenatchee

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Kodeysdad11, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Kodeysdad11 New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hello, I am new to the Wenatchee area. I have gone hunting before but only for Elk and Deer, Also being new to the Wenatchee area I am not sure of the area all to sure. I am also looking for someone to go with just because I find hunting alone is not always the safest experience. I currently have a cougar license. But looking for some information about the area.
    A little about me - --
    I am 20 years old
    I have been hunting for 7 years now but i have been going on hunting trips with my grandfather for 15 years now. I have hunted for Elk, Deer in washington state. I was raised in Yakima Wa. but now looking for places to hunt and someone to hunt with in Wenatchee,wa

Thanks
  2. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +167 / 1
    I would start by paying a visit to your local WDFW office. They can give you tons of maps info and point you in the right direction. They may even give you some phone numbers to farmers or ranchers in the area that are having coyote problems. Because most guys would rather give you there social security number than the coordinates to there favorite hunting spots. Good luck and safe hunting.
    Islander likes this.
  3. John Dude Learned skills from George Dickel

Kirkland, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Coyote are plentiful in DNR lands like Colockum, LT Murray etc. also Table Mountain is FS land and has good access. You'll need a caller, some camo, and some warmer weather thn we have now. Large areas of public lands that are used in summer for grazing are good, but be careful you ID the target. Don't want to hit some lost calf.
    Cougar to me are a lost cause without dogs. Some do-gooders got dog hunting outlawed, and now cougar are getting into people's back yards here on the West side
  4. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +886 / 0
    Outstanding! They get what they wanted! Some Spokane politician suggested last year that we trap some wolves and let `em loose over on Vashon, or Bainbridge or such, and man oh man!!! did the panties get in a wad over that!!

Had 2 `yotes in my crosshairs yesterday, but held my fire as they were just a little too close to my neighbor's house for a comfortable shot. They were stalking his old yellow lab. I called him and he got his hound indoors before there was any trouble, but he knows what's up if he hears a shot now.
  5. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +167 / 1
    [quote="Alex MacDonald, post: 896273, member:

Had 2 `yotes in my crosshairs yesterday, but held my fire as they were just a little too close to my neighbor's house for a comfortable shot. They were stalking his old yellow lab. I called him and he got his hound indoors before there was any trouble, but he knows what's up if he hears a shot now.[/quote]

I made a set this morning right next to 2 yotes. They started barking at me before I even fired up the foxpro. Busted! So I started barking back. It was just barely light enough to see through the scope. There she was 150 yards away laying there barking. Boom! lights out, the outher yote I barked to a stop at about 350 yards and missed my shot. Had a good morning went 1 for 2.
    John Dude likes this.
  6. Seth Tyson Active Member

Spokane
    Ratings: +75 / 0
    always had luck at fishtrap for yotes, probably a drive for you though.....