crab creek

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by troutcatcher6, May 10, 2009.

1. Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Phinney Ridge, Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +120 / 0
    iagree I don't like to run into anyone when out fishing either. If I do, I'll pick up and move elsewhere. And I also agree that fishing behind someone on a small stream can be counterproductive unless you give that water a fair amount of time to rest.
  2. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    you shouldnt. you should just come to WFF and youll find every secert stream ever :)
  3. Trent Ugly member

Here
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    They are only "secret" because folks look for them on WFF or other internet sources;) They would not be such a big secret if more people grabbed their maps, gas money and went searching all the little blue lines:D
  4. luv2fly2 Active Member

.othello
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    to answer the morgan lake road thing. leave othello on mcmannamon road going northwest. take the first paved road to the right in about 5 miles. go a couple of miles to gravel and continue to crab creek. keep going to the tee and everything from there north to sullivan dam is closed. it is called marsh unit 0ne. there are some huge fish in that area but it is no fishing. mike w
  5. FlyMeARiver Da Mailman! Making sure you get yours!

Spokane,Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    If I was still in Washington, I could take off and go someplace that nobody else goes because it is too far or too far down hill that they don't want to climb.

Jim[/QUOTE]

:DAnd where would that be???:D Just Kiddin!! I agree with you, the best way is just to go scout and explore!
  6. troutcatcher6 New Member

Spokane, WA
    How about Tokio?
  7. Gatorator Member

Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    There's a book called Flyfishers Guide to Washington? I'll have to get it and see about some new spots.
  8. Mike Active Member

Someplace between here and there
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    Hmmmm! Desert Creeks! Taken this weekend. Not a human footprint there besides my own. Figuring out where these places are is not difficult. The hard part is taking the time to get there. Caught more fish then I have fingers and toes. There are some large ones. Most in the 6” – 12” range.

[IMG]
  9. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Ratings: +151 / 0
    iagree
  10. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Ratings: +151 / 0

You sure it was just your footprints there ? haha
  11. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,722 / 0
    I have spent a lot of money looking for all the places that I have put my feet in the water in Western Washington. I did it all by going over many maps when I lived there. Lets see, driving to and fishing skinny water................................I seem to have forgotten where everything is at in Washington. And I only moved away three years ago.

It must be my age. The first thing that goes is your memory but I forgot what the second thing is.. If I was still there I could still drive to over 50 spots and all would be close to Everett.. I even have some stashed away in Eastern Washington.

Jim
  12. luv2fly2 Active Member

.othello
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    i have said this before, so here it goes, there are to many people in this world. in the 50's in idaho the trout limit was 20 now in some of the same places it is catch and release. soon we will only be to fish every other day or it will be by permit like hunting is. mike w
  13. Fast Action Freddie Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    yeah there are too many people in the world -- not much we can do about that. but my point was that we should think before we post -- if you broadcast to these ever increasing masses of the world (and I'm one of them - my mass is increasing as well) about your not-so-well-known favorite fishing place that offers incredible fishing, some solitude, etc., well don't be surprised if the masses take you up on that info ... and you can take another favorite fishing place off the incredible fishing, some solitude list ... at least off the some solitude list.

i know the counter comment to this is always "these aren't YOUR waters" ... true, but it is YOUR choice whether you want to encourage lots of the masses to show up and join you ... and impact the fishing as well.

I'm all for sharing info -- both public and in private -- there is a lot of info that is great to be public(and that's mostly what's shared here on WFF and that's great for all), but there is some that is best to be kept private. just think about the impact you could be having.

apologies if i'm off on a tangent ... i actually haven't been keeping up with this thread and am probably reacting to something in my coffee or something
  14. Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Phinney Ridge, Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +120 / 0
    Only a handful of them are open at this time of year. Nice looking creek! I hope I stumble across it sometime.
  15. Brian Magee Member

Spokane, WA
    I'm all for zipper lips. I spent A LOT of money on fuel in Western Washington scouting rivers from border to border fly fishing and gear tossing salmon and steelhead. I have a few on the peninsula I will never share maybe take someone if they are close and up for the hike. Then again I know of quite a few very tiny creeks in Eastern Oregon that house some very large brown trout that well if they got out would die quickly. Before this last year and a half I was never afraid of burning fuel to go explore but my family went from 3 to 6 in the last year so my expenses got diced to hell. Throw in moving to a new side of the state with no job limited funds and most lakes needing boats my fishing came to a halt compared to the west side. Now to find an inflatable raft that would house 6 for lakes so I wont rip their heads off then the lakes will be game. I know my fix will be filled next month when the Spokane opens granted there are bait chuckers everywhere in closed waters on it but I pray that people keep the smaller fisheries quite and meet up to show people instead of posting online about them. I'm always looking for fishing buddies to go explore with.
  16. FishyBusiness Member

Olympia, WA
    Eastern Washington sucks. You have to buy bigger nets and these pesky Brown trout jump on you flies when you're trying to catch a carp. What a waste of gas. Stay home and tie flies.
  17. troutcatcher6 New Member

Spokane, WA
    Im cool with not sharin spots... im tryin' to find out if the creek in general is a decent spot.
  18. G.L. Britton New Member

Nine Mile Falls, Wa.
    For all flyfishermen and women who fish the public and private water of the upper reaches of Crab Creek; we have bigger fish to fry than to worry about which catch and release flyfisherman may have fished ahead of us that day. Rather than ragging about what you cannot control why not give the rancher who lets you fish $50.00 so he places some value on the creek....or why not call WDFW and let them know that these wild redbands deserve protection and to please make at least the Lincoln county portion catch and release. It is the gear guys keeping limits of fish all spring and summer that are really hurting the fishery. I am a guide with a lease of almost five miles of upper Crab Creek which I have had for a decade. We have practiced catch and release for 10 years and it is amazing the impact it has had on our fish numbers and size. As far as the green view which blames the ranchers and farmers for the damage to the riparian corridor....get a grip on reality. If blame is going to be part of the discussion than please reflect on the fact that cows are not pets. It is our demand for beef and wheat that has been the undoing of countless ecosystems. The ranchers and farmers are simply reacting to the marketplace. So the problem is all of us and if a solution is to be found, it will need to involve all of us and not put all of the financial costs of change on the backs of the ag interests. Collective voices can have incredible power but not if those voices see only their own self interests.
    Double Spey Outfitters
  19. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    watch out for this fella if you fish crab, he's not very nice :mad: if he sees you!

JD:eek:
  20. troutcatcher6 New Member

Spokane, WA
    How are the river flows doing? is it fishable near tokio bridge???