Creek Company Super Sport XR 1

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Danielocean, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Okay I am looking for my first pontoon. Is this boat good enough to float a 270lb guy on the Skykomish, Stilly, and Yakima river? I really need to know cause if I get the go ahead from you guys I am buying it. Thanks. Here is the link.
    http://creekcompany.com/product.php?productid=16325&cat=254

Be honest guys.

2. My first pontoon was an original bucks 8' with nylon covered pontoons and stitched. I floated the OP rivers as well as everything in our area. There's always going to be better boats out there but this should work fine.

I'd go with 9' or bigger for your size. While I'd prefer a used PAC 900 or similar Buck's, you'd be hard pressed to find one for a similar price. You'll probably want to upgrade to 7' oars.

Kaiserman likes this.
  3. What is the advantage to the longer oars. I know absolutely nothing about this shit so all of this is a shot in the dark.

4. Talked to the guy today but everyone at the fly shops are telling me that do not go under 9 foot pontoons.

5. Pretty good advice. If you know you're not going to pony up and spend a thousand dollars on a boat then buy what you can afford and make the best of it. My original Bucks gave me hundreds of days on the rivers and lakes. Having owned some top quality inflatables the past couple years, I know there is a sense of security they give me. But, I also know that you can be careful in a lesser built boat and still feel comfortable using if for your intended purpose.

Get what you can comfortably afford.

underachiever and Blue like this.
  6. I guess I will pass on the creek company toon. I got approval from the warden to get the outcast fishcat 9 IR.

7. Good choice. Have fun.

8. WATERMASTER!!!!!

9. ...... cost twice as much!!!!

10. Buy once, cry once.

I personally prefer a frameless rig for a personal watercraft. That and the ability to stop and fish on the go more than makes up for the added cost IMHO.

11. I have 1 and really like it. But, when the OP is asking about a $450 boat and then decides to pony up for a $750 boat, I doubt he then wants to double that amount.

12. I like both my framed and my non framed. I did use the framed model much more this year as I set higher, plus I like being able to keep the rod tip down on stillwater. Harder to do on a closed end.
    There are less expensive frameless models.