Custom Leather Fly Wallets Perfect Gift idea

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by MacRowdy, Oct 5, 2007.

1. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    http://www.flywallets.com Newest pics are on the next page. So click on to see more.

Santas workshop is in full swing!

Over the years I've made some fly wallets for friends for fun and I keep getting people asking for this or that.

Cost of materials plus a little for time and talent. There are five standard sizes with 7x4.5" (closed) being the most popular. 8.5x5" 6x5" and 5x4" But it's totally custom so I can do whatever you want. I've done a number from photos of memorable fish. Anything from family crests to river otters, you choose an image or pick from some that I have.

Materials and Construction: Full grain cowhide and bull hide. High Quality Shearling. Hand punched, hand laced, bonded with Tandy Leather Weld. Horn buttons hand cut, sanded, and polished in my shop.

Artwork: I’ve been playing with a burning tool for years and it keeps getting funner and I think better. You be the judge. Click on some of the samples below.

Pricing: Anywhere from $65-$160 depending upon size and details of desired image. Each wallet takes between 3.5-6 hours to create from scratch and cost of Materials is $25 on average. You can do the math. To give you an idea the wallets below were between $135-$160. I can put your initials or name on them as well. I sign, number and date each piece.

Cash, check, Money order, Credit Card (through paypal) or Trade. If you've got extra gear I bet we can work something out. Or part cash part trade etc... I primarily take paypal for convenience reasons.

Best,

MAC Rowdy
    Marc@flywallets.com
    208-569-7712
  2. Stew McLeod aka BigMac

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    ... and they are the slickest thing on the water! Love mine!
  3. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Ratings: +30 / 0
    I am also a happy customer.
    If your thinking about presents for the holidays you should consider getting your order in soon. Im sure Mac wil be swamped with orders.
  4. Jeff Hale B.I.G.F.F.

Bainbridge Island, WA
    Ratings: +27 / 0
    I have the 3rd one he ever sold and I just used it today and love it everytime I look at it! One of the best pieces of gear I own; and it looks slick and mine is one-of-a-kind. MacRowdy is the MacDaddy, baby.
  5. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Mine is AWESOME!! Love it and hope to have it forever! Thinking about another one in the near future, maybe as a gift or just for me again... :thumb:
  6. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +137 / 0
    My dad cried when i gave it to him for his birthday!
  7. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Bump. Sorry had to be done.
  8. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +425 / 0
    Get 'em now, boys, while the price for such fine craftsmanship is ridiculously low. When MAC hits the big time, smoking fat cigars on the porch of his 8000 square foot log house while overseeing the production of these wallets, you'll wish you'd bought one "way back when".
  9. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Here's the latest for the Itchydog.
  10. agent montana This Must be a sickness!! MARINATE!!!

Groove City!
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Rowdy is a true craftsman!
  11. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    Rowdy made the one with the bear for me. I always take mine out after fishing and put it on the shelf where I can see it every time I walk by.
    A great piece of art, and a great tool on the water.
  12. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Two more down. Taking orders for Christmas and I'm wide open so if you're interested now is the time.

MAC
  13. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    Are those last two, one for steelhead flies and one for condoms????????:rofl:

Everyone that has seen mine just freeks. Mac does great work.
  14. agent montana This Must be a sickness!! MARINATE!!!

Groove City!
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Mac:
    I want to place an order so call me so I can "Get er DuN!"
  15. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Here are some of the latest wallets.

MAC
  16. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,176 / 0
    Mac, it was amazing! The craftsmanship was incredible. I gave it to my boyfriend for his birthday and he said it was the best present he'd ever gotten. Thank you!
  17. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
  18. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
    Ratings: +43 / 0
    Marc, those works are really awesome!!
    Have been using this little cuti for two years now...I might need another one soon... ! : )
    [IMG]
  19. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Yuhina! Great to see the wallet after these past years!!! It looks fantastic! They always look so great after they've seen a season or two!
  20. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Yuhina, here is one of my personal wallets. After thousands of miles scores of rivers in 9 states it still looks... well judge for yourself. The image is of our No Sports Allowed logo.