"Custom" 'toon with 10' Maxxons.

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by BirdyinBOI, May 8, 2012.

1. Evan Salmon

Evan Salmon Member

I
    I take my Lab out on my pontoon a lot. The webbing sounds great for "drip drying", but is there a chance if snagging a toenail getting her in and out? I would consider cutting a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet to fit the platform. I have a metal deck on mine and the carpet gives "Jake" a better grip and warmer perch to ride on.

I like the vest! Jake swims like a fish, but there are always sweepers, rocks and other obstructions to worry about..

Great job on this! Thanks for sharing.

2. BirdyinBOI

BirdyinBOI Member

Yea, she's a great dog. Does whatever I ask her to. Only 20 months old, and needs almost non-stop attention but she's a treat to have.

3. BirdyinBOI

BirdyinBOI Member

Hi Evan. That webbing is woven pretty darn tight with no gaps. I just went and checked and there's no way I can even push my finger through. I keep her nails pretty short and filed the edges so she doesn't scratch the boat if she tries to climb up. My goal is to teach her only to swim to the back of the boat where I'll lift her up. That vest is a Ruff Wear vest. Way too expensive ($80) but I looked at them all and it's by far the best quality and it fits her really well. Most of the others were too long under her belly and they kept her from sitting comfortably.