dan craft catalog

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Aaron Banks, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Aaron Banks Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Does anyone here have dan crafts .pdf catalog they could send me.

His web site is under construction and not available. The thread on the main page about 3wt vs 5wt reminded me I need to make a 4wt. I may consider another brand but I love Dans Sig III.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron
    aaronbanks@turbonet.com
  2. Aaron Banks Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Got a copy.

Thanks
  3. Wayne Kohan fish-ician

TriCities, WA
    Ratings: +97 / 0
    I'll take a copy of that catalog. I've been waiting for his site to open, he posted on rodbuilders.org that his site should open soon. I want to build a 7 weight with one of his rods.

Wayne
  4. Jim Fitz Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Wayne,

I tried but determined I was too dumm to attach the file.:beathead:

I would go to his website and grab his e-mail address and shoot him the request or simply call him. He responds fast if he isn't fishing. The last catalog I have is 2005 and doesn't have the new prices and new blanks (FTLs). He e-mailed me those lists separately last year.

Just finished my 8' 3wt. FTL and it very nice/fast. Need to post pictures at some point.
  5. Wayne Kohan fish-ician

TriCities, WA
    Ratings: +97 / 0
    Thanks Jim. Aaron was able to send me the catalog. I tried e-mailing Dan a couple of months ago and never got a response. I think I'll try again. I'd like to get his opinion about getting a 9 1/2 vs 10 ft blank to build on.

Wayne
  6. Jim Fitz Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Good for Aaron. I also just built a Dan Craft FT 10' 7wt. I pondered the difference between a 9' and 10' before I decided on this blank. I wanted to increase casting distance for SRCs on the salt and summer SH on NW rivers. As was pointed out to me, a 10' will increase casting distance over a 9' because the tip speed is higher as is true with a 100' rod over a 2' rod. The downside is the longer rod is obviously heavier and will cause your arm to burst into flames faster. In a year or two I will have decided if I made the best choice. I agree that you should talk to Dan. Good luck with your choice.