Dash Point pointers?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by bombtek79, May 1, 2011.

1. bombtek79

bombtek79 Member

I am taking the family up to Dash Point and was wanting any info about the fishing up there. What's better ebb or flow tides and what patterns tend to work best this time of year. I am fairly new to the salt and any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Taking a trip? Does that mean a day trip or overnighter? Dash Pt State Park is closed right now for repairs to the sewage system so you can't access the beach from there. The only other access is a the Metropolitan Park's Dash Pt Dock; formerly Dash Pt County Park. I live in Dash Pt; fished the beach yesterday morning for a couople of hours. Second cast had a good take but no fish. Didn't see any action after. The only thing that might be there right now is cutthroat and then the usual bottom fish like flounder. From the dock, you can gear fish and there have been salmon caught but not this time of year. There really isn't much happening right now but it is a nice beach to visit and lounge around on. The cuttroat are hit and miss because the move around so much. I didn't see any chum fry in the water so you have to experiment with patterns. PM me if you need more information.